overheating and trouble starting

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Not odd at all, these are typical characteristics of a failing crank sensor, totally unpredictable. Your vehicle may start, or it may not.

Chris, you obviously had your lucky rabbit's foot and four leaf clover with you that day. :rofl1:
Really. Frosty wanted me to just go on with the trip but I knew better after having delt with this problem on a '96 Subaru...

OP
OP
LDiablo
Bike
2010 NT700V
Thank y'all very much and yes the check engine light does come on and I will try the gas cap fix and if not CPS here we come . Other than that the bike has been a pure joy thanx again jt

I'm new here but the one i bought had trouble with the spark plug caps. It would die after they heated up. And then it wouldn't start until cooling down a bit. Apparently a common problem with 2010 NT's. There was even an official recall or something. But you guys probably all know this and considered it before other possibilities. In any case I replaced stock with ngk caps, as recommended, and the problem went away. 10min fix.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I'm new here but the one i bought had trouble with the spark plug caps. It would die after they heated up. And then it wouldn't start until cooling down a bit. Apparently a common problem with 2010 NT's. There was even an official recall or something. But you guys probably all know this and considered it before other possibilities. In any case I replaced stock with ngk caps, as recommended, and the problem went away. 10min fix.
There were caps made in a country I will not name. I always carried spares.....Always a good idea to know how to read the trouble codes if the Check engine light comes on....

Top Bottom