overheating and trouble starting

Not odd at all, these are typical characteristics of a failing crank sensor, totally unpredictable. Your vehicle may start, or it may not.

Chris, you obviously had your lucky rabbit's foot and four leaf clover with you that day. :rofl1:
Really. Frosty wanted me to just go on with the trip but I knew better after having delt with this problem on a '96 Subaru...

Thank y'all very much and yes the check engine light does come on and I will try the gas cap fix and if not CPS here we come . Other than that the bike has been a pure joy thanx again jt

I'm new here but the one i bought had trouble with the spark plug caps. It would die after they heated up. And then it wouldn't start until cooling down a bit. Apparently a common problem with 2010 NT's. There was even an official recall or something. But you guys probably all know this and considered it before other possibilities. In any case I replaced stock with ngk caps, as recommended, and the problem went away. 10min fix.

I'm new here but the one i bought had trouble with the spark plug caps. It would die after they heated up. And then it wouldn't start until cooling down a bit. Apparently a common problem with 2010 NT's. There was even an official recall or something. But you guys probably all know this and considered it before other possibilities. In any case I replaced stock with ngk caps, as recommended, and the problem went away. 10min fix.
There were caps made in a country I will not name. I always carried spares.....Always a good idea to know how to read the trouble codes if the Check engine light comes on....

Back
Top Bottom