Rear brake problem

OP
OP
Fishermark
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I honestly don't know the theory behind it. I just know that I completely redid the assembly of the rear caliper and pads. Cleaned the pistons good and carefully extended them out and pushed them in a few times. Carefully reassembled the pads, etc. Never once opened the hydraulic side, so no need to re-bleed anything. Everything works perfectly now. Can't explain the firm pedal / no pedal discrepancy.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I honestly don't know the theory behind it. I just know that I completely redid the assembly of the rear caliper and pads. Cleaned the pistons good and carefully extended them out and pushed them in a few times. Carefully reassembled the pads, etc. Never once opened the hydraulic side, so no need to re-bleed anything. Everything works perfectly now. Can't explain the firm pedal / no pedal discrepancy.
Just be careful out there......

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Issues such as this you may never know 100% sure.
For instance maybe cleaning the pistons did it. But in the process fluid was flushed back and forth across the seal in the master cylinder as the pistons were cleaned and exercised. Maybe that flushed a piece off the seal.
I like pondering on some things like this, I don't really want it to happen to me and me fix it but the pondering is OK for me.

Arknt

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Issues such as this you may never know 100% sure.
For instance maybe cleaning the pistons did it. But in the process fluid was flushed back and forth across the seal in the master cylinder as the pistons were cleaned and exercised. Maybe that flushed a piece off the seal.
I like pondering on some things like this, I don't really want it to happen to me and me fix it but the pondering is OK for me.

Arknt
Me too!

Top Bottom