Rumors, innuendo, etc...

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setti
Well, Honda did bring the PC800back after a 4-5 year lapse. I guess that is possible.

The NT might come back since it is still on the UK website.
I didn't see it on the Australian website and it never made it to New Zealand.
But Chuck might be right if they still have a warehouse full of them.

SuperDave

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)

kenstone

I don't recall Honda ever making anything with a belt drive yet every other major mfg'er has/does.
There was a time that belts were explained to only be for lower horse power small bikes, but Yamaha and Kawi have used them on big motored cruisers.
I have owned a belt drive bike and actually liked it better than a shafty and would think the cost of a belt system falls in between the chain and shaft.
The new Star Bolt is belt and a riding friend has a BIG yamaha Warrior (1800cc?) that's belt drive.
I'd be way more interested in the new Hondas if they were belt drive instead of chain.
jmo
what say you?
Ken

Bob

BMW F800GT is a belt drive. If it helps keep the cost down but is better than a chain it could be a good choice for a mid-range NT replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
A couple of caveats re belt drive. BMW says that the belt on the F800GT needs to be replaced every 24K (I think that's the interval) and it costs $400.

If you ever get a rock between the belt and the sprocket you're looking at a fairly expensive repair.

kenstone

Had a friend at work who put 100k on a belted Hawley, never changed/adjusted it.
A rock in a chain is not pretty either, but rarely happens, or is never reported/talked about.
And BMW is, well, BMW:shrug2:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
OK! Checking it every 24K is a much better deal than replacing it every 24K.

Top Bottom