Rust-in-Peace's 150K NT, Seagrass from Oz, and Me...

That mileage may be kilometers.
It's in miles I zoomed in the photo and confirmed it.

One of our guys on the UK forum is a courier and managed 267,000 miles on his original Deauville 650. His second 650 wasn't so good and gave him problems at 167,000 miles and was parted out. He replaced it with a 700, which he prefers, but it's way too early to talk about reliability with only 45k on the clocks. I've always believed, although I don't know if it's true, that the more you ride them, the fewer problems you'll have.
Yep I agree with the more you ride them. Because my old 156,000+ NT is still under Honda corporate warranty until March 31, 2017. So I'm hoping that it will make it to 300K easy.:D

I have 2nd degree burns on all of my fingers & some of my palm on my left hand. So I can't use the clutch and I am just taking a guess at a 2 month recovery time. P.S. I don't want to explain how it happened just know it's a long story.
Update for you NT folks It ended up taking 12+ weeks before I was able to ride again last week. Then after my first ride when I got home I dropped my S10 on my dad's car. But the good news is i'm able to ride again but I don't own an NT700V anymore.:(

Tonydtiger1971

Glad to hear you're doing better Rusty, If I had known I would have invited you to the Frosty Toes ride yesterday. :)

Glad to hear you're doing better Rusty, If I had known I would have invited you to the Frosty Toes ride yesterday. :)
Thanks! Maybe next year.
Since your dad is your landlord, I've gotta' ask: How much damage did you do to his car?
I don't know how much it's going to cost yet but it's a 2009 Lexus LS460 and here's a few photo's.
The left pannier hit here and cracked the tail light.

Then since the handlebars were in the locked position it rolled off the rear bumper.

P.S. Here's where I usually park the bike.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
What did he say? I hope he was gracious and forgiving. :)

What did he say? I hope he was gracious and forgiving. :)
He was just glad I made it home okay since it was my first motorcycle ride in 3 months and it was the day before Christmas. His car is a company car owned by his boss so it's either going to come out of my pocket or his work might just fix it. But since the damage is mainly just a cracked tail light it might be a few months before I know the outcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm glad you got home from that first ride safely -- I know that the ride to church a few weeks ago was tense; the longer one the next day was less tense, but still wore my healing hand out. Ride safe through 2017!

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
since it was my first motorcycle ride in 3 months
I was wondering if you had got back to riding yet, this confirms it. just thought you were riding and not updating your mileage here on forum since the NT has gone away. you can see I didn't catch you in 2016 total mileage. just a tidbit......now have 156,230 miles on NT, that's about what you had when you sold it.

I was wondering if you had got back to riding yet, this confirms it. just thought you were riding and not updating your mileage here on forum since the NT has gone away. you can see I didn't catch you in 2016 total mileage. just a tidbit......now have 156,230 miles on NT, that's about what you had when you sold it.
Thanks! It took me 3 months to ride again but i'm still recovering & I think I'm going to forever miss my NT since I didn't want to sell it.:doh1: But at least now it's found a good new home!:smile:

P.S. My new S10 only has 7,500+ miles and my Subaru WRX car has 9,600+ I hope to fix the situation once i'm fully healed.
Edit: To clarify by fix the situation I mean to have more miles on the S10 than my car.

Last edited:
Top Bottom