Season almost done for many in the North

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
For me:

1. Russell DayLong saddle. (mine just got recovered and should be back to me by early next week. They moved the seam so I won't wear it out so quickly sliding my 'Stitch back and forth across it getting on and off.

2. Electronic cruise control -- the Rofstra from Murphskits.com. I also have Throttlmeiester that works just fine, but the electronic version is soooo much bertter.

3. CeeBailey + 4"

4. Denali D1s

5. 2 tank bags, one for long trips, one for around town.

6. Bar risers (I've got MCL's)

7. Peg Lowerers

8. Heated jacket outlet and heated grips.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Here are the tings I have done (I REALLY need to update my farkle thread)

In no particular order

1. Russell Day Long saddle. I went through two other seats so i've spent a LOT here.

2. Denali D2 lights. These really help. They fill in between the low beam and the bike and also seem to make me much more visible at night. The D2 light brightens with the bright headlights.

3. Laminar Lip added to windscreen. this cleaned up airflow greatly and lets me run the screen at position 3 instead of 4. No tool install as it uses 3M DuoLocks to attach to the stock screen.

4. SW Motech Bar Backs raise the handleber 1" and back 1" (from Twisted Throttle). I tried MCL 1" riser but needed to move back also (I'm short)

5. Bags Connection Day Pack tank bag (from Twisted Throttle). Attaches with gas tank ring and I added the optional map case (which holds a TON of papers freeing space in the bag.)

6. JC Whitney top case. I use this every day as I commute the bike. It was inexpensive, relatively easy to mount and at 41L is a reasonable size. Daily use saves wear and tear on the panier lids.

I'll bet there are as many variations as there are NT riders. Have fun with it.

Last edited:
Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
Most of my miles are commuting, so the Givi V46 gets daily use carrying a laptop or two and my lunch. I added a Cee Bailey +4 for better wind / weather protection, grip heaters for obvious reasons, and better tires for riding in the rain. This winter I plan to add a Fuzeblock, lower pegs, the Admore light kit for the Givi and a RAM ball mount for the IPod.

It looks like I'll be able to ride at least 3 days a week for the next couple of weeks. I won't put her up for the winter until the snow is here to stay.

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
I never thought about it, but that 110 L Ortleib is a good choice for long trips. I use my top box when I shop - it holds a surprising amount of food. Attaching a rotopax to my tb plate and then flopping that big Ortleib down on top of it would be a great solution for long trips.

Thanks.
We've got the SW Motech racks on the NT's. Pete has the 49 ltr bag on his (right), I have the 31 on mine (left).
I love the yellow, it really draws the eye when its gray and dreary out.

Last edited:
Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Those yellow bags look good in the ugly fog Dee. Are you & Pete home now?

Eldon

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
Yes. Got home Wednesday afternoon. Just in time, it seems. howling winds through the gorge, snow on the passes and downpours here in the valley the last two days. Winter is coming.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I bought the bike new last May, and have just about finished farkeling - though I know there is no such thing as ever being totally finished farkeling.

• Helibar risers - I need to be in the "Sit Up and Beg" position and these do the job.
  • Cee Bailer +6 wind screen. The OEM screen is not bad - just not tall enough for a six foot rider with Helibars.
  • Givi E55 top box - the big one. Use it only for trips, and keep it off while commuting and riding around town.
  • Large pannier lids. The left one was deeply scratched by a piece of corrugated sheet metal and they have been refinished with black bed liner.
  • Kris headlight modulator - would not ride a bike without one - especially in city traffic.
  • Grip Puppies. I have big hands, and these help a lot.
  • Hognutz throttle paddle - kinda like a Cramp Buster, but smaller and folds out of the way.
  • Garmin Zumo GPS (brought it over from the last bike)
  • Mick o Pegs
  • Pounder end weights. Okay - I admit it. I don't really need them, though they dampen the vibes at speed - but they sure look nice.
  • Larry Buck's TailBrights reflective tape on the back
  • Last - but not least - my Russell Day Long saddle arrives tomorrow.

Two more things to do:
  • Install external draw latches to replace the OEM pannier latch system.
  • Install inexpensive hand guards - but only for long distance tours in cold weather.

I am most fortunate to have a wife who just smiles wanly when she sees still another package arrive with the word "motorcycle" on it.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Almost feels bad to hide all these tips in this thread where nobody will find them later.

Bike
Bonneville T120
I put the Bonneville away for hibernation today. I rode it last week and topped of the tank and added fuel stabilizer and lubed the chain. I didn't put her down then as I was trying to be optimistic.
So I today I hooked up the battery tender and covered her up. Goodbye until April!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Last - but not least - my Russell Day Long saddle arrives tomorrow.
Cool, Comanche! So does mine. I had worn through the seam on the right side by sliding my leg across it every time I got on or off.

Kim told me that they tried to move the seam down so it wouldn't wear so much.

I just got the front portion of the saddle recovered.

Last edited:
Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
Dangit. I wanted to ride into work this morning. Currently 27F out. Usually not a problem, but it rained yesterday and I'm pretty sure the county slathered the roads with that magical de-ice formula. ~sigh~

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Bummer for sure , but you don't want your wheels looking ugly and well mis-used like Mine you sure don't want to ride in that stuf! I have managed to get it onto both the HD & NT wheels and not where it was handy to get a good wash on either one. OH well I don't claim to have show / good looking bikes.

eldon

Top Bottom