Should You Look Over Or Through A Windshield?

Bike
Silver NT700V
I look over my windshield. I also have a face shield on my helmet. The bugs that do not splat on the windshield are however carried over my head with the wind so I get almost no bug splats on the face shield. I had a 7 hour ride over the weekend and my windshield was a mess. I had one small splat on my face shield and I was looking over the windshield the whole time.
I seem to be having this same effect. Have tended to be an "overlooker" any way. Did a weekend trip of just under 1,000 miles. Windsheild is a mess, helmet visor stayed pretty clean. I am 5' 6" and rode the trip with the shield full up. At that height I look just over.

Keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I know that it is is probably not motorcycle mainstream, but I like to wear bicycle gloves--the full finger variety--preferably Cannondale, with the Terry Cloth patch sewn on the thumb. It works great clearing a vizor. However, since Mac showed me where my windshield should be in a rain event, treating the windshield and vizor with Plexus solved the problem. The rain rolls off the windshield and visor and one can see clearly (reminds me of a song) Isn't technology great with adjustable windshields and such. Life is good.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I know that it is is probably not motorcycle mainstream, but I like to wear bicycle gloves--the full finger variety--preferably Cannondale, with the Terry Cloth patch sewn on the thumb. It works great clearing a vizor. However, since Mac showed me where my windshield should be in a rain event, treating the windshield and vizor with Plexus solved the problem. The rain rolls off the windshield and visor and one can see clearly (reminds me of a song) Isn't technology great with adjustable windshields and such. Life is good.
I also treat my windshield with Plexus and find that the bug remains come off a lot easier.

Top Bottom