Signature Picture Thread

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Ok, post your sig pics here as an attachment.

Then, you can use that url to put in your signature area - using the picture icon.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
That is a good idea since Flikr has been bought and is getting weird... Even for paid accounts like mine!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Looking forward to adding more states to my map...
Now that you've uploaded a pic here, it exists on internet... so, click it to view it and get it's url properties... then you can edit your profile/signature and use that for the IMG tag.

Sorry this part isn't as easy as the last version of the site but that had issues too.. lol

Bike
Bloom Red 2010 NT700v
Sorry this part isn't as easy as the last version
I looked at Wayne's post and I didn't understand how he had a pic in his signature without a pic posted...

Will there be a gallery area like the old software?

Thanks for all you do Mellow. Hope the new software will be easier for you once the configuration is completed.

Update: My signature did not display when I posted this message. The message above where I created a url to the states visited map does... What did I miss?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I looked at Wayne's post and I didn't understand how he had a pic in his signature without a pic posted...

Will there be a gallery area like the old software?

Thanks for all you do Mellow. Hope the new software will be easier for you once the configuration is completed.

Update: My signature did not display when I posted this message. The message above where I created a url to the states visited map does... What did I miss?
reread my prev post.. all you did was attach a picture to a thread... that's got nothing to do with your signature.. NOW, you need to edit your profile and signature section.

No gallery will exists for this software.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I cheated...;) Actually I have a Flikr Pro account that I host all my photos on...as in hundreds of them. I went to the picture I wanted, on Flikr, and copied the URL to use with the Signature here.

Now for you to add that picture in your Signature do the following:

1. Right Click on the picture. This will bring up a menu of options.
2. Click on "Copy Link Location" this will copy the URL of the photo.
3. Go to your profile, your name in the upper right hand corner. and Click on Signature
4. Click on the "Insert Image". That will open the box for the URL you copied. Paste the URL in the Box.
5. Click on "Insert", making sure your mouse pointer is where you want the picture, and then click on "Save".

That should do it... I use a Mac and FireFox so when you right click on the picture it may say something different than "Copy Link Location". But it will have "Copy" in the description. I just used the "Copy Link Location" command to post your photo's info here:

https://www.nt-owners.org/forums/attachments/visitedstatesmap-3-gif.13645/

Click on that link and you'll see it....

Bike
Bloom Red 2010 NT700v
Take a look at post #3 of this thread. That is where I uploaded the states visited picture to the internet. From that post, I found the link Wayne has provided in post #7 and edited my signature to include the picture. My signature displays at the bottom of post #3 with the image included.

My question is "Why does my signature not display at the bottom of post #5?" Note: When I open up my account details and follow the signature link, my signature displays complete with the picture of the states visited. The old software had a check box to choose if you wanted the signature to display when you submitted a post. I have not found that setting yet if it exists in this new software.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Take a look at post #3 of this thread. That is where I uploaded the states visited picture to the internet. From that post, I found the link Wayne has provided in post #7 and edited my signature to include the picture. My signature displays at the bottom of post #3 with the image included.

My question is "Why does my signature not display at the bottom of post #5?" Note: When I open up my account details and follow the signature link, my signature displays complete with the picture of the states visited. The old software had a check box to choose if you wanted the signature to display when you submitted a post. I have not found that setting yet if it exists in this new software.
If you find other places you're posted, you'll see it's working.. not sure why that's not reflected in this thread.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
If you find other places you're posted, you'll see it's working.. not sure why that's not reflected in this thread.
I know why.. you deleted one of your previous test posts so it was thinking that was still the 1st one on this page.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I'm disabling the once-per-page signature option for now until everyone gets used to it.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
OK. I'm still not understanding all this but here goes.... I'm attaching my sig pic. I think.

States & Provinces visited (2).jpg

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Okay now Right Click on it and then Click on Copy Imagine Location

That will give you the URL you need to add it to your Signature. Here is the URL I pulled up with the Copy Image Location command.

https://www.nt-owners.org/forums/attachments/states-provinces-visited-2-jpg.13646/

Now open your Signature,

Use the Insert Image "Button" and paste that URL in the pop up box.

Then Click on Insert after you've pasted the URL in the box. Put your mouse pointer where you want the Image and Click on Save...

Then delete the {SIGPIC][SIGPIC] left in your Signature block from the old site...;)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Well, my signature was 4 lines too long and I had to delete my reference to the "Epic Ride" because each signature can only have one link. Or, I could delete my sig pic, I guess, and leave the reference to the "Epic Ride." I'll post this now and see if my sig pic shows.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Aha! Got it. Sorta'. I had to edit the reference to my link to the "Epic Ride" blog so that it wasn't a link. But, as long ago as the Epic Ride was, there probably aren't too many people checking it out anyway.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
All,
Before you try to post a Sig Pic make sure you "trim" it down to get rid of any excess borders or wasted white space. The software here will resize it automatically and all the "border" / excess edging you leave on your pic will just make the actual subject appear smaller!

This is the original .jpeg look at all the excess white area. https://www.nt-owners.org/forums/attachments/states-provinces-visited-2-jpg.13646/

This what the software resized it to:

This is what getting rid of the excess border created: https://www.nt-owners.org/forums/attachments/states-provinces-visited-3-jpg.13650/

A little prep work will help keep your Sig Pics viewable within the size constraints...

Attachments

Top Bottom