Slip on exhaust

Bike
2010 NT700V
Perhaps I'm growing too judgemental, but I don't understand the appeal of taking one of Honda's well-mannered touring bikes like the NT700 or Goldwing and purposefully making the exhaust louder.

To me that's like installing a Borla cat-back system on a Honda Odyssey. You could I guess, but why?

Avi

I would keep the original and remove the baffles for the extra purr.

Bike
2010 red NT
I just got this bike and it came this way. It's. It's not loud, but has more base sound. Also it is half the weight. Lighter is better.
And yes it purrs, and above 5 grand it sings beautifully.
I had a Yoshimira can on my NT650GT. Absolutely wicked.

Bike
2010 red NT
Looked good, sounded better. 344 lbs. fully fueled.this is the bike I used to hunt Ducati's And yes tire is bald and was replaced that day. I had a lot of fun getting it that way.

Bike
2010 NT700V
Adding throaty growl to a bike named for a French seaside resort just seems like a confusing self-contradiction.

Bike
2010 NT700V
Perhaps I'm growing too judgemental, but I don't understand the appeal of taking one of Honda's well-mannered touring bikes like the NT700 or Goldwing and purposefully making the exhaust louder.

To me that's like installing a Borla cat-back system on a Honda Odyssey. You could I guess, but why?
Ditto NewTo!! I enjoy the quiet smooth thump of the NT. I've owned 14 bikes over the last 50 years, quiet ones, loud ones, maybe I've grown old. There are many that feel loud bikes get the attention of auto drivers. As you know, it only helps if you're in front of the auto. BB

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I would not be against noise limits being enforced. I don't understand why a guy I worked with spend about $3000 dollars on making his new bike loader. Modern motorcycles in many cases need to be tuned to a different exhaust system. On this american motorcycle involved changing the computer 'chips' at retail prices. When he was done, it was not load enough.
If you ever had the misfortune of following a load bike for miles, you tend to be all for noise limits. Load does NOT save LIVES.

Bike
2010 NT700V
I would not be against noise limits being enforced. I don't understand why a guy I worked with spend about $3000 dollars on making his new bike loader. Modern motorcycles in many cases need to be tuned to a different exhaust system. On this american motorcycle involved changing the computer 'chips' at retail prices. When he was done, it was not load enough.
If you ever had the misfortune of following a load bike for miles, you tend to be all for noise limits. Load does NOT save LIVES.
I WAS a member of a FaceBook group based in Maine. I joined for the reason of finding new places to ride when I'm in New England, and people to ride with. There were numerous requests to borrow OEM exhaust systems to install on their loud pipe rides to get their bike inspected. I dropped out when I was named a Power Ranger because I wear, "All The Gear All The Time". It was also posted, that only new riders need to wear a helmet. Maybe I'm a snob, but I don't ride with someone on a loud bike, or someone that doesn't at least wear a helmet, jacket, jeans, and sturdy shoes. BB

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I WAS a member of a FaceBook group based in Maine. I joined for the reason of finding new places to ride when I'm in New England, and people to ride with. There were numerous requests to borrow OEM exhaust systems to install on their loud pipe rides to get their bike inspected. I dropped out when I was named a Power Ranger because I wear, "All The Gear All The Time". It was also posted, that only new riders need to wear a helmet. Maybe I'm a snob, but I don't ride with someone on a loud bike, or someone that doesn't at least wear a helmet, jacket, jeans, and sturdy shoes. BB
Good on you!

Mike

Bike
I do have a Airhead, that the original owner installed a little loader muffler. It does sound a little less like a sewing machine.

Bike
2010 red NT
I am curious. How many of the members on here ride with all the gear all the time? I know I do and yes it has saved my life.
Maybe let us know what your favorite brand is.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I ride with ATGATT and am convinced that it has saved my life. I've only had one crash and was wearing my 'Stitch and a brand new Nolan helmet. The helmet was destroyed, with gouges on the front, one side, and the back. The 'Stitch was almost undamaged -- just a few stitches torn on the right shoulder ballistic material -- until the EMT cut the full-length zipper instead of unzipping it to the neck like I was telling him to do. I had slight concussion that gave me dizziness when I first laid down and then turned my head for about 3 weeks, bruised ribs on my left side, and a sore right hand. The only physical marks other than bruising that was mainly on my left hip were three grains of sand that got imbedded in my right wrist at the edge of my glove.

Sometimes, but not often, I'll ride with only a jacket, helmet, gloves, and boots if I'm going somewhere close here in town.

Bike
ATGATT, I broke my ankle and 5 ribs and did not have a scratch on my body. I still wear all but the helmet (replaced), pants and jacket shows signs of giving me protection for road rash or worst. No it did not keep my bones for breaking, but with out cuts healing was more more comfortable (if you can say ribs broken are ever comfortable). ATGATT is a MUST, I try and get everyone who rides with me to wear good gear, but alas it is their choice.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
That depends on how you define ATGATT. Does wearing any kind of helmet qualify ? Do you have to wear an airbag vest or jacket ? Does your armor have to be CE approved ? I could go on and on. I have seen riders that probably think they are ATGATT but I would not wear the crap they are wearing. See the point.

Bike
Heck yes a football helmet is fine or a hard hat. Go to the Goodwill and get a nice winter coat. You can use condoms blown up for airbags in the pockets. Duct tape takes the place of the CE armor. As for boots get go pair of buckle boots. Don't worry, Be happy.

Top Bottom