Slip on exhaust

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
No, I don't ride with ATGATT :eek:...especially since there is no defined "ATG" as Warren pointed out. I do wear a mix of quality gear based on weather and destination.

I'm amazed I survived basically unscathed riding all those years before specialized riding gear, at least beyond Belstaff waxed jackets or full leathers and helmets, was invented and so successfully marketed. Maybe, just maybe, ATGATT is a marketing myth?:unsure:

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I go MOTGATT... Snell rated Helmet, gloves, good jacket, boots and earplugs every time, but usually nothing special on my legs. I have outgrown my Joe Rocket riding pants and I hate my kevlar jeans

Bike
2010 NT700V
That depends on how you define ATGATT. Does wearing any kind of helmet qualify ? Do you have to wear an airbag vest or jacket ? Does your armor have to be CE approved ? I could go on and on. I have seen riders that probably think they are ATGATT but I would not wear the crap they are wearing. See the point.
I do see your point, Warren. ATGATT, in my view is a personal as well as an economic issue. As we know safety gear can cost more than your motorcycle. I feel any level of gear is better than no gear. Personally, I wear what I call mid-level cost gear.

Four years ago I went down on my Kawasaki C14, I was wearing textile armored jacket and pants, ( lower grade of CE), gloves, boots, along with a $315.00 helmet from Scorpion. The bike went out from under me at 35 mph and I landed on my left knee and fore arm. I had a small brush burn on my fore arm, probably caused by the mesh liner. There was a one inch diameter tear in the fabric over the knee left pad. The bike repair was about $700.00. My ego, very expensive! I had a local dry cleaner sew a patch on the pants. Every time I pull on that pair of Slider mesh pants the patch reminds of the accident. Motorcycle riding to me, is a hazardous sport like many others. I've ridden over 125,000 on bicycles, every time I get on the bicycle I think of how little protection I wear, a plastic/foam helmet and gloves. Really reminds me about safety! BB

Top Bottom