Stalls when hot-spark plug caps

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
My NT was stalling when hot like after 45 minutes ride in traffic,it would sputter or stall out talking off from sitting at a light. Ordered spark plug caps and installed them. Installation was not to bad took less than a hour. The ones in it didn't have a name on them ones Installed was NGK here's a pic View attachment 14613

Attachments

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The left one is easy to swap while the right side is difficult because of the lack of working room.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
The left one is easy to swap while the right side is difficult because of the lack of working room.
Right one was easier for me but only because I didn't take it all apart so to raise the tank, I would say it would be a lot easier to take everything off around the tank then raise it up for clearance but I believe I save time. (ps. my wrist and hand is bruised from the tight fit so best take it all off to raise the tank for the left one.)

Bike
2010 silver NT700
My NT was stalling when hot like after 45 minutes ride in traffic,it would sputter or stall out talking off from sitting at a light. Ordered spark plug caps and installed them. Installation was not to bad took less than a hour. The ones in it didn't have a name on them ones Installed was NGK here's a pic View attachment 14613
How many miles on your bike when the caps gave problems?
THX.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The caps are a cheap fix and I recall they were only around $20 for 2. I changed mine without ever experiencing the erratic running on a hot day and also did the same on Deb's NT. For $20 per bike, it was worth the peace of mind. 🆒

Bike
2010 silver NT700
The caps are a cheap fix and I recall they were only around $20 for 2. I changed mine without ever experiencing the erratic running on a hot day and also did the same on Deb's NT. For $20 per bike, it was worth the peace of mind. 🆒
I will pick a couple up. Can they be changed by removing those small black service covers?
Thx.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
for sure Mike, I may know as soon as tomorrow it's going to be a hot one.
for sure Mike, I may know as soon as tomorrow it's going to be a hot one.
I will pick a couple up. Can they be changed by removing those small black service covers?
Thx.
Problem fixed!
I took the screws out of the fairing pockets but didn't remove them just so the black service scoops could be removed easier but the left plug is really tight getting your hand in there. would be easier to do will the tank raised. be better if done with other service work like at air filter change time.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
caps cost around $24 for 2 now.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
You can gain access to the rear cylinder plug (left side) by merely removing the seat.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
This is kinda funny. Mine will be here tomorrow. Started suffering the same issue. Messaged DirtFlier and he also felt this was best possibility. Hoping it will fix mine. I'll get mine on some evening this week and let you know also.

PS; Mine has about 69K on it.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Got my caps in today and put them on this evening. 30 mile test run with some city traffic and the NT is back to running normal. Woo Hoo !
That is fantastic, Ive rode mine about 800 and I'm sure it fixed the problem

BayouRider

wow. how crazy! 1st "blip" i have had with my bike, and <ka-pow> here is a thread that describes my problem perfect! i love this site!

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Honda issued a Service Bullentin on the 2010 NT for defective spark plug caps. Search around here and you can find more info...

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Punch "spark plug caps" into the Search box at the upper right corner of the page and you can see all the past stuff about the caps.

Top Bottom