Stalls when hot-spark plug caps

Bike
Black Deauville NT700
HONDA NT700 2010 Technical Bulletin #MTB-13451

HONDA NT700 2010 technical service bulletin was issued Dec 01, 2010.HONDA NT700 2010 had a failed ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING ENGINE. HONDA MOTORCYCLE: MAY EXPERIENCE ENGINE MISFIRE AT IDLE DURING HIGH AMBIENT TEMPERATURES AND STOP AND GO TRAFFIC. SPARK PLUG RESISTOR CAPS MAY DISCHARGE TO GROUND WHILE ENGINE IS IDLING, CAUSING AN ENGINE MISFIRE. *PE .

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Perhaps not good for the bum spark plug caps but good for the engine! I've used the same tactic over the winter which has kept the bike ready-to-go if an unexpected warm day popped-up. :cool:

Same issue. Glad I searched here, I have cleaned out valves, fuel lines, filters, tank and pump trying to fix this. Expecting new covers in 3 days. On the upside, my entire fuel line is đź‘Ś. A huge thanks to you all.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
"....Note though I never winterize so bike gets started every 2 weeks and left run for about 20 minutes. I'm sure that's not good for it....WVRider"

I've been doing that consistently each winter since I moved to OH in 1990 and none of my Honda motorcycles have ever had anything fail! The naysayers theory is that heat from the engine causes condensation in the exhaust system but I've never suffered any exhaust system problems from the alleged condensation. And my motorcycles remained happy all the time! :) :)

Top Bottom