Tank Bags

Bike
Silver NT700V
According to the Twisted Throttle site and catalog, Bags Connection has an electrified tank ring and Bag ring combination for their bags. The connection allows electrical power inside the bag. Might be worth a look. I have a Bags Cconnection bag and it is very easy to mount and dismount and also very secure when in place.

Keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

Lars

Chuck, which Bags Connection bag do you have and how well does it fit on the NT700.

Ron

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have the Daypack with the added map holder. It fits and works very well. There is a review and pictures in the Luggage section of the Farkles forum.

garswen

Does anyone know whether the give tank lock bags will work on a 2010 NT700V? I know they offer the ring for the European Deauville model through 2009, but I'm not sure whether it works for our US bike.

Thanks.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
garswen, The givi bags will work, but the one I ordered limited the range of movement in the handlebars. I ended up getting two Bags Connection tank bags and one tank ring to mount them both. I got the CityBag which is big enough to carry all the stuff I like to have on a long trip (insulated coffee mug, 2-liter Camelback water bladder, some jerky, my waterproof glove covers, and an LED head lamp), and then I use the DayPack around town. You can see these at Twisted Throttle's website (www.twistedthrottle.com)

Bike
2011 NT700 ABS (Frodo)
Igo, does it have an opening to run a power cord from my powerlet so I can charge my cell phone?

Jim
Hey Jim, I've used the Manta XL like Igo, but went with the black one as my second go-round replacing the camo one. The pocket closest to the rider on the one I have has a cable penetration directly into the center. It's not hidden or subdued in any way because I believe it was meant for audio output from a CD or IPOD type device to the rider's ear. But it would work for a cell phone or other power cord. If I didn't already have another arrangement in place I would have used it to run the power to my heated clothing from a thermostat controller that I would have placed in the pocket like I did on the Rapid Transit bag I used with my Wee Strom.

The Manta XL fits the NT as perfectly as the Rapid Transit 19 fit the Wee Strom. You have to keep in mind, however, I'm a function guy and don't care much if the paint gets scratched. Heck, I haven't even looked to see if it has scratches after 38K miles. Yeah, I wash the thing once in awhile. After blow-dry with a leaf blower I just look to see if the MIT (engine trouble) light goes out when I start it, then ride again and collect more bugs. You'll have to get cosmetic feedback from others.

garswen

Thanks! Do you have a link for this? I couldn't find it on Twisted Throttle.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Top Bottom