The 2018 NT Gathering in WV

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Re: 2018 NT Gathering in WV

I hope you gents have a great time this weekend. I was hoping to join you, but work had other plans. At least I got to ride part of the trip with Phil. Ride safe!

Mike

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS

I know...I know...you're a morning person like me so the thought of leaving each morning at 11 AM ("Phil time") got to you. :rofl1:

Last night at dinner, we yakked with Dave (Woodaddict) about his humongous mileage totals. He lives 48-49 miles from work and except for a handful of off-days, he uses his NT as a daily commuter. Like clockwork, rear tires are replaced at 6-months and front tires at 10-months...wow!

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)

Looking at his front tire this morning, it's past time to replace it -- the rear's not far behind. Dave and I were talking at breakfast and he's got a new NT with 900 miles. When his old one gets to 200,000 miles, he'll move his farkles to the new one and start on it. He'll be over 190K by the time he gets home on Sunday night.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL

After seeing Phil's post, I'm discouraged and disappointed that I go thru soooo many tires. So what better time, than an NT rally to take up a collection. I'll start a bitcoin fund, who wants to chip in on the tire fund?????..... bahaha

Last edited:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL

What in the world. Forecast 80-90% rain. Where we rode for about 155 mile loop HAD NO RAIN. great roads led by the road guru WVrider

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike

After the great ride that I skipped today, we had a good time while some of us ate and others had only dessert. Some of us ate a meal and had dessert. Then WVRider (Duane) fixed a great fire and several of us enjoyed watching it burn and seeing the moon occasionally. Tomorrow's another ride, this time to the North.

Now I've managed to not only put faces with Forum monikers but both faces and monikers with real human names. It's a good group and a good time.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,

Well.... are y'all tryin' to keep me in suspense??? Post some damned pics!!

:well1:

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold

Well.... are y'all tryin' to keep me in suspense??? Post some damned pics!!
Right Mike.
It has been pretty quiet on this thread. I think that means they are having a good time (without us). I hope they are behaving.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike

Today most of us took Duane's "Covered Bridges Tour." Lots of twisties, 3 covered bridges, all over in Ohio. One road was "closed" but we rode it anyway. Quite a few roads were wet because there were thunderstorms all around, but we managed not to get wet until we pulled into the parking lot here at the Lodge. And then we got drowned...but it was over in a few minutes. Ate lunch at one of the best buffets I've ever seen, a place called Quniters (IIRC) in New Martinsville, WV.

Folks are leaving tomorrow. I'm going to go just a short distance to Fairmount, WV, and then will probably ride to Columbus on Tuesday to visit the AMA Museum and Iron Pony Motorsports. Everyone says it's either the biggest or one of the biggest motorcycle and motorcycle accessory stores in the country, so ya' gotta' at least take a look, huh?

It's been a good rally -- Duane (WVRider on the Forum) knows all the roads and knows how to put them together for a challenging and enjoyable ride. He's a good ride leader. He sets a good pace, but not one that leads people to do stooped things trying to keep up. He plans a rest stop every hour or so and, based on what I experienced today and what I heard about yesterday's lunch stop for the "Best BBQ in West Virginia," he realizes that memorable eating is part of any memorable ride.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS

I got home around noon and Deb and hour and a half before that. Thanks to everyone who attended and to Duane for providing great routes!

I got home at about 4 PM. I also want to thank Duane, not only was the riding great but the place we stayed had good rooms at good prices and services that couldn't be beat.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL

great time in WV! got home 5:40pm, with 1,010 miles total for trip. got to meet some new faces, and the mainstays. what do you do for 80-90 % chance of rain????? just ride anyhow and miss it. we did have rain, but at the times that doesn't bother us mc riders

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,

Glad everyone had a great time and the weather cooperated. I just wish I could have joined you.... maybe next year God willing.

Mike

Bike
2010 Silver NT700

Got home at 5:00. 1092 miles. Great trip with great people. Much careful planning and skillful group leading by WV Rider. Great to meet and talk with all of you.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS

Woodaddict - glad to read that you made it home safely on what most would consider a bald front tire. You sure know how to squeeze every last mile out of your tires! :)

So sorry I was not able to bring the NT and ride with you all, but I enjoyed touching base with new and old friends Thursday evening and Friday morning before heading on to my family event in Michigan. My trip went well, though the rain stayed with me until mid-day Saturday. The weather gods gave you guys the only dry patch in the Eastern US, I think. Thanks to Tosh and Duane for setting this up and I hope I can ride with the rally next year.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL

Woodaddict - glad to read that you made it home safely on what most would consider a bald front tire. You sure know how to squeeze every last mile out of your tires! :)
now SHHHHHH, keep that a secret. it did sneak up on me but it still grips the same. even had a few miles of heavy rain just entering NC. got both front and back ordered sunday night

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700

I had a great ride home on Sunday with fond memories of two days of great riding and socializing with a bunch of NT enthusiasts (and a few non-NT folks too!)! I really enjoyed getting reacquainted with those I met three years ago and meeting lots of new friends. The lodge was excellent and reasonably priced and the food there was great! Duane really knows how to plan a days riding with curvy roads for days and great eateries along the way. Can't wait for next year!!!!

Somebody post some pics!!!

/Larry

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS

Woodaddict - please check your PMs.

Top Bottom