The 2019 NT Gathering - May 16-19, 2019 - Cairo, WV

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Glad you made it home okay. We got hit with a real bad storm; high winds and heavy rain, at about 7pm Sunday in New York. I was wondering if you missed it.
My ride was windy but dry. Lots of traffic through New Jersey and New York City and Connecticut.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
For Cnile,
Barry check your mail. I want to settle up with you for the room you paid for and I used.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I told Tom that I would eat the cost of the first day so if you split the room with him we are okay.
Right, that's what Tom told me, but I used your room and I want to pay you for it. I appreciate your offer but I feel I should pay you since (because of circumstances) I'm the one who used the room - not you. You paid for day 1, Tom paid for day 2, and I paid for day 3. I was very glad (and fortunate) your room became available. I need your address you can send by the "mail" option above.

By the way, you have a very nice friend in Tom.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Right, that's what Tom told me, but I used your room and I want to pay you for it. I appreciate your offer but I feel I should pay you since (because of circumstances) I'm the one who used the room - not you. You paid for day 1, Tom paid for day 2, and I paid for day 3. I was very glad (and fortunate) your room became available. I need your address you can send by the "mail" option above.

Cnille, don't argue with him.... Just let him send you the money.... He's a persistent SOB..... <sigh>

😈

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Cnille, don't argue with him.... Just let him send you the money.... He's a persistent SOB..... <sigh>
Thanks for your "hep" Mike
Hope the tornados and storms aren't too destructive for you.
I've been thinking of you in the storm paths.
Remember:
Snow melts. Tornado damage doesn't.

Donate it to the forum.
BTW I think so too.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Thanks for your "hep" Mike
Hope the tornados and storms aren't too destructive for you.
I've been thinking of you in the storm paths.
Remember:
Snow melts. Tornado damage doesn't.
Yw, hey what are friends for, anyway!!! We dodged the bullet in the storms. Jeff City is about 60 miles west and the storm tracked north of us following the Missouri river. It touched down once again about 25 miles to our northeast but it was in a rural area with the damage confined to trees and farmland. Based on the pix i have seen, it's a miracle there weren't more casualties.

Mike

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Bev and I had a fabulous time this weekend. We will never forget it. Planning and execution were spot on. We got home about 7:00. Great ride with about 30 minutes in a downpour somewhere in Virginia. Bev says thank you to everyone for making her feel so welcome.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards keeping the event at North Bend SP; of course WVRider has to concur since he's does all the arrangements with the lodge. Burr Oak SP in Ohio only has rooms with King beds so that wouldn't work for us and that place off the BRP only has a small number of rooms.

If we have it at North Bend next year, maybe we can have a "Pizza night" out on the deck - weather permitting - behind the lodge or down the hill around the fire ring?

And I have an idea for a loop into OH that uses the Sisterville Ferry. Splitting the riders into two groups worked well this past time with the group leaders almost always able to see the last person in line.

What say you previous attendees?

Last edited:

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards keeping the event at North Bend SP; of course WVRider has to concur since he's does all the arrangements with the lodge. Burr Oak SP in Ohio only has rooms with King beds so that wouldn't work for us and that place off the BRP only has a small number of rooms.

If we have it at North Bend next year, maybe we can have a "Pizza night" out on the deck - weather permitting - behind the lodge or down the hill around the fire ring?

And I have an idea for a loop into OH that uses the Sisterville Ferry. Splitting the riders into two groups worked well this past time with the group leaders almost always able to see the last person in line.

What say you previous attendees?
I absolutely have no problem with having it at North Bend again. Cool Tosh, I also have a route that could use that Ferry also. We can compare notes. I also have a few other routes we have not used yet and maybe the roads will be better next year. Pretty much any where we go we will have to use two or three portions of any route to get into and out of the location but the loops will be different every year. This all sounds good to me and I'm sure the Park would be happy to have us again.

Top Bottom