The 2019 NT Gathering - May 16-19, 2019 - Cairo, WV

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
For Mike, I have tested the parasitic battery drain on my NT, this afternoon.
The numbers surprised me with how low they are actually.
By Std bike I mean with just the clock and HISS live. I don't expect that the ECU would have much if any drain of it's own.
The Std bike alone, with no accessories has a drain of 0.43 milliamps (0.00043 amps). That is much lower than I expected and is virtually nothing.
The Std bike plus the alarm has a drain of 4.5 milliamps (0.0045 amps). The manufacturer claims 4 milliamps, so is spot on.
The Std bike with the USB supply plugged into the live cigar socket (but no accessory) has a drain of 4.2 milliamps.
The Std bike with alarm and USB has a drain of 8.8 milliamps.
The Std bike, plus USB, alarm and my Scala Q9 plugged into the USB supply for recharging produced a drain of 260.1 milliamps which is about normal.
I know that the Scala takes ABOUT a quarter of an amp when first plugged in.

Macka

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
5:30 AM on Friday and there is HEAVY rain falling. Today's weather forecast shows a dry window of 6-hours so we hope to get into that timeframe. We had a great dinner last night at the lodge with all participants present with the exception of Karl from Maine who still hadn't arrived. And Bear is going to try (recent back surgery) and make it but so far hasn't appeared. We're meeting in the lodge restaurant for breakfast and will make plans for the day...and hopefully to include some riding!

I had to chuckle to myself last night when topics centered around ailments and various cures - that pretty much tells the story of our "average vintage"!

I bought name tags & pen at Staples so the calls of "Hey you" were unnecessary and below their name I added their NT website handle which helped. I forgot my digital camera at home but I'm sure a few others will take pics for posting phones.

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Th
For Mike, I have tested the parasitic battery drain on my NT, this afternoon.
The numbers surprised me with how low they are actually.
By Std bike I mean with just the clock and HISS live. I don't expect that the ECU would have much if any drain of it's own.
The Std bike alone, with no accessories has a drain of 0.43 milliamps (0.00043 amps). That is much lower than I expected and is virtually nothing.
The Std bike plus the alarm has a drain of 4.5 milliamps (0.0045 amps). The manufacturer claims 4 milliamps, so is spot on.
The Std bike with the USB supply plugged into the live cigar socket (but no accessory) has a drain of 4.2 milliamps.
The Std bike with alarm and USB has a drain of 8.8 milliamps.
The Std bike, plus USB, alarm and my Scala Q9 plugged into the USB supply for recharging produced a drain of 260.1 milliamps which is about normal.
I know that the Scala takes ABOUT a quarter of an amp when first plugged in.

Macka
Thanks for the info Macka… I too am surprised at the meager off-draw. Since we don't have the HISS on this side of the pond, I wonder how much it contributes?

Mike

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
We got in a full day of riding with nary a drop of rain hitting us. Midpoint was lunch at the Glenville BBQ and we almost had the entire place to ourselves. Splitting the 12 riders into two groups worked well with Duane's group in the lead and my group about 5-min behind. Much easier to keep track of 5 behind you instead of 11! And going through a town with stoplights was a snap.

Tomorrow we head north for some Ohio twisties, the Big Muskie, and lunch at the 555 Café!

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Karl rode in late on Thursday night, arriving around 8 PM. I was glad he made it while it was still light because the road into the park from Harrisburg can be tricky. So far, Bear is a no-show.

The members of NT-Owner's group present are Fieroguy, KVNT, WVRider, Karl, Crowbuster, Jungle Jim, TurboJim, NoVA Chris, and DirtFlier (me). Debbie is with me + Crowbuster brought his lovely wife, NVNT brought friend Ray and although Cnille skipped the gathering, his friend Tom did come anyhow.

Last edited:

sojourn

Due to health reasons, i couldn't make Duane's great tour's of WV and hanging w\all yall.Mabey next year.Keep up the updates comeing
Dirtflier If anyone comes through Galax ,SW VA,BR Pky send me a PM we wil hook up for a ride or meet & greet,Have a safe gathering.

After a great day of riding yesterday, I decided the press of affairs at home needed my attention and I left the Rally a day early. Sorry to have missed the Triple Nickel Diner and the Bucket. Thanks to Tosh and Duane for making this happen again, and to all the riders for sharing the experience.1413914140

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Some
After a great day of riding yesterday, I decided the press of affairs at home needed my attention and I left the Rally a day early. Sorry to have missed the Triple Nickel Diner and the Bucket. Thanks to Tosh and Duane for making this happen again, and to all the riders for sharing the experience.1413914140
Somebody wasn't watchin' the gate!! I see a turkey on a Triumph in the mix.... who let him in???

I'm just sayin'

:devilish:

Mike

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
It is good to see so many NTs together. I have only ever seen two together anywhere here.
They are mine and one belonging to a fellow I met at a rally in South Australia.
Both are black, his is a 2007 so is the same except it does not have the adjustable screen.
Attached is a picture of the two together at the Peregrine Rally in SA in August 2017.
Mine is the one behind, partially hidden.14142
Macka

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Macka, we had, IIRC, 22 NTs in Spearfish in 2012. Never that many since. It was really fun!

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
This is our departure day with everyone planning to leave after breakfast.

Thanks to all who rode to North Bend SP for our annual NT Gathering. Yes, it's about the riding but also about seeing old friends and making new friends. It has been a great event and I'm thankful that we've avoided any accidents...and no one took a swig of camp fuel. :):)

Last edited:
I've created a Dropbox folder for my Rally photographs. If anyone would like to view, download, or upload their own photos, please just PM me with your email address and I will add you to the access list. I already have added Dirtflier.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe ride home, and thanks again to all for a great Rally.

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Due to health reasons, i couldn't make Duane's great tour's of WV and hanging w\all yall.Mabey next year.Keep up the updates comeing
Dirtflier If anyone comes through Galax ,SW VA,BR Pky send me a PM we wil hook up for a ride or meet & greet,Have a safe gathering.
Sorry I didn't get to go to the NT Gathering, hope to next year. Hey sojourn be down your way first week of June on a family camping trip in The Mount Rogers NRA Comers Rock. It's out 35th year that I've been camping there.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Sounds like y'all had a great time..... good on you!!

Mike

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
mikesim - Jungle Jim wants to know if you really exist because 2-times in a row you were a no-show for the NT Gathering! :-(

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
mikesim - Jungle Jim wants to know if you're a really exist because 2-times in a row you were a no-show for the NT Gathering! :-(
The old farts remembery is as bad as mine! Of course I exist, I bought him an ice cream at Dairy Queen at Spearfish.... or did he buy me one?? Hell, I don't remember! God willing, I'll be there next year.

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Jim, I can testify that Mike exists. I spent the night with him and he rode with me and spent a night with me on the road in Indiana as I was going to WV last year.

Top Bottom