The new way of bikes?

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I've never seen hard bags on a scoot. That would be a game changer for me as I am giving some serious thought to downsizing a bit.

Mike

Nice scooter..wonder why Honda chose to stick a chain under all that tupperware seems like a step backwards surely a belt would be the ultimate solution in these modern times

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
The X-ADV is heavier and has a taller seat height than my NC700XD, both of which make it a non-starter! :(

I recently bought a 2013 CB500F with under 6k miles on the odometer. It weighs only 420 pounds wet and has a seat height of just as hair under 31 inches. It clicks all the boxes for me!

CB500F left side.JPG:thumb:
This would be more my style too....Yoda's 500 was just fine. I just have to wonder if some newbies are attracted to DCTs as they have no experience with anything manual shift....

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Nice scooter..wonder why Honda chose to stick a chain under all that tupperware seems like a step backwards surely a belt would be the ultimate solution in these modern times
On the X ADV, yes, a belt does not make sense. Ask Frosty what happens when a stone gets between a belt and the "sprocket". But for the standard scooter, a belt or enclosed chain is the ticket.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
The only drawback to large scooters that I see is the lack of storage capacity. Some have the availability of a top box but the underseat storage isn't comparable to panniers. The weather protection would be ideal though. Maybe I should invent the sport touring scooter and become rich!

Mike
1682378062249.png

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
This is a poorly written article but they have been selling this puppy since 2017 and there is a 2023 model so someone is buying them.....

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
One of Honda's Electric model possibilities (right image).

I would be looking hard at this configuration. A top box would be the minimum of my requirements. Some wind protection sure beats none.

If battery kiosks are unavailable, I hope the bike also supports J1772 Level 2 Charging.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
That "article" reminded me why I quit subscribing to Cycle World.šŸ¤® So Honda still doesn't bring them to the US Market?
Even the people in the comments said it was aweful.....12th grader could have done better.....

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
One of Honda's Electric model possibilities (right image).

I would be looking hard at this configuration. A top box would be the minimum of my requirements. Some wind protection sure beats none.

If battery kiosks are unavailable, I hope the bike also supports J1772 Level 2 Charging.

Thankfully, I would live to see the unintended cosequences. You want an electric Generator that is powered by GAS for emergencies? Go Pound SAND! pollutes too much. And to heck with your BBQ grill! Anyone who things they can make motorcycles zero fatal hasnt seen me ride.....or seen a deer jump out of the woods.....

Top Bottom