WANT!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The Pacer was actually a pretty clean design with an oversized "greenhouse." Without A/C the interior would probably get blazing hot on summer days.

1692086715336.png

The Pontiac Aztec was well qualified as Fugly. Too many of the pieces didn't seem to belong on the same car!

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
The Pacer was a clean design. The large greenhouse made it a fave with the ladies as they could see out of the car. AMC had some decent vehicles back in the day. They were the Rodney Dangerfield's of the automotive world, "no respect" Then they hooked up with Renault and it was downhill from there.....

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
When Nash-Kelvinator bought Hudson in 1954, they created "American Motors" and along the way, they also acquired Studebaker, Packard, Kaiser, and Willys. Why a corporation would want to acquire more failing brands is a mystery. Did they have a false hope of "economy of scale" by sharing parts between brands?

Willys became Jeep and is the only survivor has been owned by Fiat-Chrysler for a long time. Anyhow, the swallowing of the auto brands was our version of the British motorcycle industry huddling under one tiny, BSA/Triumph financial umbrella.

Last edited:

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
When Nash-Kelvinator bought Hudson in 1954, they created "American Motors" and along the way, they also acquired Studebaker, Packard, Kaiser, and Willys. Why a corporation would want to acquire more failing brands is a mystery. Did they have a false hope of "economy of scale" by sharing parts between brands?

Willys became Jeep and is the only survivor has been owned by Fiat-Chrysler for a long time. Anyhow, the swallowing of the auto brands was our version of the British motorcycle industry huddling under one tiny, BSA/Triumph financial umbrella.

titled any
I owned a Nash Rambler, a Studebager, and 2 Packards. OK - so I bought them for junk price (about $5 back then) never titled any of them. If I got any of them running I just drove them around the woods and fields (no driver’s license yet). Even a numb high school kid could work on the simple beasts.

Then I moved up ‘53 Chevys - a big step up. Got my DL and took to the road. Biggest difference was that when I broke down I didn’t have a tractor at hand to tow my junker home. And I learned that I had to buy more gas.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
as the NT-Owners group, we can send Coyote Chris to China and he will be in heaven with his car and China lady on that motorcycle he keeps telling us about

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If the Coyote can't go, I'll go. I'd love to see Japan.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Ewww... 😏

A Honda N360 seems more appealing... :cool:

But IMHO is this the peak in abomination:

Yep. My vote too. Rented one in Italy in late 90's. Just got the key fob late night at the airport and pressed the fob button in the dark parking lot. Too tired to walk back.
This is a very complimentary photo. It does not look nearly this good in person. The interior looked terrible and controls were confusing. Gear shift was straight out of the dash. The rental agency later admitted that Fiat could not sell them so they "gave" them to the rental agencies just to get some on the road. Mine was green and looked like a toad.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Yep. My vote too. Rented one in Italy in late 90's. Just got the key fob late night at the airport and pressed the fob button in the dark parking lot. Too tired to walk back.
This is a very complimentary photo. It does not look nearly this good in person. The interior looked terrible and controls were confusing. Gear shift was straight out of the dash. The rental agency later admitted that Fiat could not sell them so they "gave" them to the rental agencies just to get some on the road. Mine was green and looked like a toad.
Always wondered why people would be brave enough to buy this ulcer...

The visual association...

The facelift model ('04 onward) didn't much better...

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
The Pacer was actually a pretty clean design with an oversized "greenhouse." Without A/C the interior would probably get blazing hot on summer days.

1692086715336.png

The Pontiac Aztec was well qualified as Fugly. Too many of the pieces didn't seem to belong on the same car!
I kind of liked it....

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Actually, this one is growing on me...make it look more like a Triumph Spitfire or a P51 and I am there.
1692850162735.png

Top Bottom