Wind Deflector Set

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
The new lithium batteries will last for a long time. I have a couple I've used in my RC airplanes that are 7 years old. If you aren't going to use them for a while, discharge them to below full charge and just let them sit. Doesn't hurt them at all. And they maintain that charge for over a year.

They do not like to be cold and just sitting. If in the cold let them power something and they'll warm up to operating temp.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
The new lithium batteries will last for a long time. I have a couple I've used in my RC airplanes that are 7 years old. If you aren't going to use them for a while, discharge them to below full charge and just let them sit. Doesn't hurt them at all. And they maintain that charge for over a year.

They do not like to be cold and just sitting. If in the cold let them power something and they'll warm up to operating temp.

Thanks. I am looking at the Mobile Warming gloves and they look like they might be a good solution.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Hippo hands, if you get good ones, work well and don't interfere with the hand controls. A couple of guys I know who ride in the northern areas, Alaska and Wisconsin, use them during the winter. But, they are ugly as sin :) and can be a PITA to install/remove. And, around here, it warms up during the day. Coupled with the decent ones being as expensive as heated gloves.

My problem is I commute at the coldest time of the day, just after sunrise. 20's and low 30's during the winter and a 30-40 min ride. Just long enough for a real chill to set in. In a couple of hours the temp is in the 40's to 50's so I don't need extreme measures anymore, just a pair of gloves.

Yep, a weird situation.

If you are planning a longer trip in colder temps then hippo hands make sense. I guess if it is that cold then I will likely not be on the bike as dangers of icing conditions would be widespread.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I looked at them as well but like Charlieb my commute is about 30 minutes and the hippo hands look like more of a hassle than I need. I think I am going for the electric gloves which seem a little more versatile in that I can wear them as regular insulated gloves with temps in the 40's and then turn on the electrics when they get into the 20's and 30's.

Adding a thought about hippo hands, essentially a handlebar 'muffler,' I bought some cheap brush guards through Cycle Gear I think for $20 and I've put them on for the same reason Chris made the L bracket. Without something, the wind pushes the muffler back on the throttle and the brake lever. My riding friend has this set up on his Suzuki 650 and wears relatively thin gloves in the winter with the hippo hands and stays warm enough.

Terry

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
After looking at the Hippo Hands, I don't think they're for me. Most of my trip will be in mild weather, and I'd only need to protect my hands from the cold for two (maybe three) days. The rest of the time, the Hippo Hands would just be in the way. They seem to make a lot of sense for someone who regularly rides in the cold.

Daboo;100786<snip> Also said:
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Seirus-Thermalux-Heat-Pocket-Glove-Liner/productDetail/Cold-Weather-Headwear/prod99990133748/cat117341[/url]

Chris
Now - this makes a lot of sense, Chris. If I have something (like brush guards) to break the wind, then these liners would be all I need to keep warm. Thanx for this idea.

Bike
WR250R/KTM 890/KTM690
I added the wind deflectors. Easy install and they look cool. I have handle bar risers and they still deflect the wind well. I have not had any experience with rain. My local Honda dealer quoted $160 out the door. I told him I could get them for $140 on the net. He reduced the price to $150 out the door. I'm glad I bought them.

Top Bottom