Happy Thanksgiving.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
My Pre-Thanksgiving German Bakery Run

Today was probably the last Motorcycle German Bakery run that I will make this year. The weather liars are telling us that winter snows will be upon us this coming weekend. From now to the end of 2023, if I have to make the run again, I will be driving my truck. At around 08:30 I donned my electric moto gear and headed out on the hour and a half ride to Wimbergers Old World Bakery in Colorado Springs. (https://www.wimbergers.com/ ) Temps, riding down highway 83, were a bit cool. Around 46 to 50 degrees. Arrive at the bakery and acquired my three dozen German Brotche(German Bread Rolls)

1700700114375.png

and a couple of German Berliners (Jelly filled, powdered sugar coated German donuts). From there I headed up to Woodland Park (elevation 8500 ft.) It was a bit chilly and I was glad I still had my electrics on. Make a right turn onto Highway 67 and motored on to Deckers for my mid-morning cup of coffee to go with my Berliners

1700700129932.png

Coffee drank, Beliners eaten, time to motor on back home. From Deckers I rode up Highway 126 to the village of Buffalo Creek from there I turned on to Foxton road that runs along the South Platte River and then up over and down Dear Creek Canyon and across town to home. Great ride, Relaxing 178 miles.
There were a couple of snowing patches on the Dear Creek Canyon road, in the shadows, and a little gravel, but all in all a great ride on the day before Thanksgiving. To all my Fellow motorcycle riders out there, ride safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/AtEGg5eKwTG3Mwk

Attachments

• SAM_7910.JPG
    SAM_7910.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 19
  • SAM_7911.JPG
    SAM_7911.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 20
  • SAM_7913.JPG
    SAM_7913.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 20
  • SAM_7914.JPG
    SAM_7914.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 16
  • SAM_7916.JPG
    SAM_7916.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 16
  • SAM_7921.JPG
    SAM_7921.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 16
  • SAM_7922.JPG
    SAM_7922.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 15
  • SAM_7923.JPG
    SAM_7923.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_7925.JPG
    SAM_7925.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_7926.JPG
    SAM_7926.JPG
    313.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
...and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the forum members as well! We have a lot to be thankful for! Enjoyed your pix and admired your scoot. The black and white motif is very attractive.... the color combination reminds me of a killer whale so if you haven't named your bike, "Orca" would be a proper moniker IMHO.

Mike

...and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the forum members as well! We have a lot to be thankful for! Enjoyed your pix and admired your scoot. The black and white motif is very attractive.... the color combination reminds me of a killer whale so if you haven't named your bike, "Orca" would be a proper moniker IMHO.

Mike
I have called her "The Flying Nun"

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and managed to push away from the table after one helping! ;)

The best part of Thanksgiving is the left overs. I love cold turkey sammiches!
šŸ˜‹
Mike

This may be heresy, but I'm not a big turkey fan. Its biggest addition to the Thanksgiving dinner is gravy. My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner and of leftovers is dressing and gravy.

This may be heresy, but I'm not a big turkey fan. Its biggest addition to the Thanksgiving dinner is gravy. My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner and of leftovers is dressing and gravy.

Hey, I had Thanksgiving homemade lasagna, courtesy of my son's family, and it was awesome! Even had leftovers of that too.

Thanks Chuck! Thanksgiving (and Winter) in FL. The only mountain to see here is at Disney World.
Motorcycles are sleeping for the Winter.

Back
Top Bottom