6th Nat'l NT Rally - July 6-9, 2016 - Spearfish, SD

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Hey there you all! I must take Phil's side on this retirement / re retore,ent gs,r of life,

When you have youe occupation DEEPLY IMBEDDED IN YOU IT IS TRULY HARD TO CUT THOSE SREINGS. there Prts of it you the AND YOU WILL KEEP akinf youeawlfe WHY< & WHt the ----- m I doing this for, rhen you topout and crest GRADE nd drink in the view and you know it is worth LL THE EFFORT INVOLVED.tHERE IS NO GRETER FEELING FOR trucker than having worked your way from ARns aril through 18 or 20 gear chNGES UP ns sown rheough the gear boxes of 5 SPEED MAIN AND A 4SPEED BROWNIE AND NEVER SCRATCHING A GEAR.

iT CAN TAKE SECERRl year EI FWT THat Diesel smoke out of youe systemIn spite of not hVING TURNED A WHEEL IN ALMOST 15 Year I lY wKW rt times liatening to trucks coming up to the stp[light BLOCK FROM THE HOUSE n hwR THIER ENGINES ETC, grrr THE NON PROFESSIONALS OUT THERE THt just don't get it!!!It is a good thing this old gtouch ex sleeper team driver isn't with them, A IN MANY CASES I WOULD FIRE THEM ON THE SPOT!!

although I Hve not wLKED IN pHIL'S SHOES I m certIN THERE re mNY SIMILrities in both profesions and one day he will pull rhw pin ND PULL AWAY FOR THE LAST TIME, BUT EVEN THEN FOR A CERTAIN REASON HE VERY WELL MAY JUMP BACK IN FOR A FEW MOMENTSM

eLDON
Ya, I agree. I see a lot of workers out there who either have no skills or no work ethic, or BOTH. But they all want minumum wage for sub minimum work.

However there are some real smart young folks with skills I don't have and knowledge I didn't know existed (especially wiht computers). And many of these talented and well educated workers are barely able to pay off their college loans on what they make. Life just ani't fair.

Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
Called Bell's to see about any cancellations and actually got a room reservation for July 7, 8, and 9th. Hopefully I will be there! Looking forward to meeting other NT riders and seeing the bikes.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Called Bell's to see about any cancellations and actually got a room reservation for July 7, 8, and 9th. Hopefully I will be there! Looking forward to meeting other NT riders and seeing the bikes.
Excellent! See you at the picnic table under the big tree.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Hey Jim. am testing out the new voice to email system to see if it will work. Here's a first sample of it looks like it's going to want to get a little more familiar with it I think it's going to be great talk to y'all later. Eldon.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Hey Jim. am testing out the new voice to email system to see if it will work. Here's a first sample of it looks like it's going to want to get a little more familiar with it I think it's going to be great talk to y'all later. Eldon.
Wow! Its great, Eldon.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Well Eldon, your text looks good, but if you thought you were e-mailing me you acturally put a post on the NT forum. OR - maybe you were talking to a different "Jim".
Anyway, stay with it Eldon, we are all glad to hear from you. Just do whatever it takes.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Looks good, Eldon! If you can get someone to check your "writing" ever-so-often, it'll get to the point where it cleans you up so good we'll be able to take you out in public. That'll be a first!

:rofl1:

bicyclist

Yay, Eldon! Glad it's working for you! With a little practice, you'll have it nailed.

David Pogue is a writer with carpal tunnel problems and can't type. He dictates all of his writing and has written books using dictation.

Bike
Thqnks to all for the resoinses, biggest problem now is for me to get the silence I need to yse it as wife almost always has radio or tb on TOOOO LOUDand th mic is very siynd sensitive!

I have with a friends help changed the setting on my desk so everything is on the 39 inch moniter almost to close to me but somewhat easier to see what is going on with the screen, but it sure is different getting used to one screen instead of two of them

LOL, No I M WONDERING ABOUT A SECOND 39 INCH MONITER??? nd whether I will face a bump on my head if I bring up that subject???

Again many thanks to all who haved help guide me into where I am at now.

Eldon

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
We are just a few weeks out now so as a reminder, if you are camping, to:

Please call (605-642-2239) or email (chriscampground@gmail.com)
to let them know how many are coming please provide
# of people in your group
# of tents
Special needs such as electricity
vehicle i.e. bike, RV, bike w/trailer etc.
Mention the ST/NT Rally

Bike
2011 NT
I am going to give it a shot at getting there this year. Will call and check on motels. Have an appointment on the 6th in St Cloud, Mn then will head that way. Should get there around noon on the 7th. What is the exit number to get off on 90?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I am going to give it a shot at getting there this year. Will call and check on motels. Have an appointment on the 6th in St Cloud, Mn then will head that way. Should get there around noon on the 7th. What is the exit number to get off on 90?
Should be exit 14

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
If and when I get my new Tires put on the FJR in time. I might make the trip. Also gotta get reservation at the Bell. I don't do the camping thing anymore. Want to come up and visit with some of my long lost NT/ST buddies.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I'll be going through St Cloud on my way, but I'm not sure exactly when that will be. I usually split off MN 23 onto MN 7 and then take US 212 west. I use the interstates when I need to make good time and/or to by-pass cities. And I may hook up with ElectraClyde if our schedules match up because he plans to come via the northern route.

Bike
I am stllheaded
Bell's ETA Wednesday 6 July mid afternoon

Eldon

Last edited:
Bike
2011 NT
My appointment is 9:45 am on the 6th. Your route is what I have been looking at. Went that way a couple years ago to Spearfish. If it works I would like to ride with you. Will keep track of how things go between now and the 6th.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I might be able to make it. Work is trying to get in the way, but I think I can make a long weekend and be able to attend. Will have to head home first thing Saturday morning though. Hope to see everyone there.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I might be able to make it. Work is trying to get in the way, but I think I can make a long weekend and be able to attend. Will have to head home first thing Saturday morning though. Hope to see everyone there.
It'll be good to see you again.

Top Bottom