Bar Risers

I got the Twisted Throttle 1.2" risers installed today. All went smoothly after a little struggle with the sleeve that surrounds the brake line. It needs to slide down in order to re-use the clamp and, just as Chuck stated in his post, it took some WD-40 and some muscle to break it loose. With the handle bars turned all the way to the right, the throttle cables are maxed out with very little slack. I could have avoided this by not turning the bars back slightly as I did. I believe it will be fine. I can say that there is no way I could have gone higher than the 1.2". But after a short 40 mile ride after install, all I can say is "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh". Much better riding position for me. I didn't think I could love the NT more...until now.

Happy Riding,
Jeff

I can't wait for mine to come in. I just got the 1 inch but I know life will be better after they are installed. I intend to roll the handlebars back to as well as roll the clutch and brake levers forward. I'm waiting on this to decide if I indeed need a new seat or not.

The risers are here. 1 inch black. I also dug out my Ram Mount and my GPS mount tonight. I'll install all these Friday night or early Saturday morning. I bought an HD video camera since my last bike. I'm looking forward to trying that out on the bike in some interesting places.

Was looking at this on MCL's site. 1.125 up 1.5" back.
it's for 7/8ths bars so I'd think it'd work. Only question would be wire & brake lines.

Anybody have any thoughts or used this?
On a side note, anybody know what the turnaround time at MCL's is now?:burger:

Tromper,
I am certain that these will not work without changing your throttle cables, and maybe others. I just installed the 1.2" Twisted Throttle risers which go straight up. Taking them back another 1.5" would have been totally impossible on my NT. There may be some variances in cable lengths from bike to bike, but I would measure your slack in each cable carefully before ordering.

Good luck,
Jeff

Good call. I hope it works out well for you. Adding risers definitely helped my comfort level.

I ordered my risers from mcl jan.10 after waiting a month i called feb 7,2011 & talked to a lady or larrys daughter around 11:00 cst time & got my order 2 days later,so things there might be getting better.i hope so for everyone.i plan on ordering more from them.

Everyone take care

counts

after talking to larrys daughter i got my risers 2 days latter.I was able to pull the brake fluid cable up without taking off the rubber gromet,but did use wd-40. MCL RISERS GREAT PRODUCT 1 in. RISE

02/12/2011

With the Corbin seat I believe I will have my touring machine. Made the 600 mile mark this morning. Getting the service next Saturday.

You may or may not have done this but if you haven't....
Spray your WD40 into the stubborn tube that surrounds you break line under the clasp. In stead of trying to walk the WD down into the tube, reach your right hand up from by the fender and grab the bottom end of the tube. Duck under the handlebars and reach in from the top and grab the top of the tube. Twist both ends of the tube opposite to one another. Reciprocate. You will feel the tube loosing it's grasp on the break line in just a half dozen easy twist. No fight, no fuss.
We used one inch risers. You couldn't have used much higher but there were no radical departures, binds or hard turns in any lines or cables after raising the handlebars. Today was the first time I didn't feel like I had to keep myself from falling over the handlebars.

MCL Risers

Hi..does anyone know if MCL is shipping out the handlebar riser in a timely manner. I've tried calling them to see if they have them in stock and my call goes to voicemail and their mailbox is full so I can't leave a message. I've tried emailing them but no reply so far.

I ordered the MCL bar risers on Sunday. This is Tuesday and I got an e-mail from the USPS that my shipment had been mailed. Of course when I called on Monday they said they were about 2 wks behind but since I called, they would ship them out that very day.

MCL Risers

I just ordered risers from MCL. I placed my order on line Tuesday and I received a shipping notice they are on the way today( Thursday) via USPS. I'm very happy with their service and would definitely use them again.

MCL Handlebar Risers

Does anyone possibly know the torque settings for the bolts for the MCL handlebar risers. I just received them in the mail but were no instructions with the risers.
Thank you,
Jim

As per the service manual "Install the upper holder(caps) with its punch marks facing foward. Install the holder bolts and thighten the foward bolts first. Then thighten the rear bolts the the specified torque. 27 N-m or 20 lbf-ft "

As per the service manual "Install the upper holder(caps) with its punch marks facing foward. Install the holder bolts and thighten the foward bolts first. Then thighten the rear bolts the the specified torque. 27 N-m or 20 lbf-ft "

these are non stock fasteners now, are they dry, coated or do they recommend lube or a locking fluid?
it is a good place to start

these are non stock fasteners now, are they dry, coated or do they recommend lube or a locking fluid?
it is a good place to start
The orginal were dry and the book makes no mention of lube or locking fluid. I belive I torqued my riser bolts to 18ft-lbs. It does not take much.

For those of you that have the MCL or Twisted Throttle bar risers AND wind deflectors, have you noticed any changes from pre riser to post riser. What I'm trying to get at here is if the wind deflector became less effective or remained the same or even improved.

Back
Top Bottom