Bar Risers

olderthandirt1

Did anyone find any torque specs for MCL risers? If not what do you suggest? thanks, tom

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
For those of you that have the MCL or Twisted Throttle bar risers AND wind deflectors, have you noticed any changes from pre riser to post riser. What I'm trying to get at here is if the wind deflector became less effective or remained the same or even improved.
Ron,

I have both installed and I do not believe that effectiveness of the deflectors changed with the addition of the risers...but my back sure feels a lot better with the risers! :D

Cutthing

I ordered the MCL risers yesterday and have already received confirmation e-mail that its on its way. Seems like MCL is very quick about filling orders right now.

taldric

Just FYI - I ordered my MCL risers on Feb. 20 and they were delivered on Feb. 24. Perhaps Larry's back in the office?

taldric

Well, I'm doing my part to give him business! Risers, handelbar clamp, powerlet iPhone adapter, and now the throttlemeister. If he had carried the fenda extenda I would have ordered that from him too! I'm a happy customer.

Cutthing

Ordered my risers on the 22nd, received them on the 25th. I couldn't ask for any better. Excellent customer service in my book. Will install them tomorrow.

Igo

You would have to change all the cables to use 2 inch rise. I would love to use the 2 inch rise. I stated with the 1 then went to the 1.2. I didn't notice the difference much.

bicyclist

I wonder whether anyone has substituted longer cables from other models to make higher risers work?

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I wonder whether anyone has substituted longer cables from other models to make higher risers work?
Yes, someone did do that on the old .com forum... I believe they used the cable off of a TransAlp. The Part Number and everything was listed in their post... Try searching on the .com for the post...

CoolNT

Probably depends on what angle you set the bars at. When I put the risers into my bike, I did it so I could fold the bars down a little farther, which moved the grips toward me and changed their angle, but didn't actually put my hands any higher up.
Whose risers did you use?

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Yes, someone did do that on the old .com forum... I believe they used the cable off of a TransAlp. The Part Number and everything was listed in their post... Try searching on the .com for the post...
Here is a link to the info on the old forum: Longer Clutch Cable

And here are the specifics:

"Hi All,
Am happy to report that the new clutch cable is longer by at least 2 inches and works perfectly with the Rox Risers. The Honda part number is 22870-MAB-620. Full utility of the risers. Will try and take some pics over the weekend and upload. Hope it helps!
Jenn"

There are no pictures posted in the old thread...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
So I imagine you had to rotate the brake and clutch housing slightly to account for the handlebar rotation right?
Maybe not. I rotated my bars after putting on MCL's risers and didn't even have to think about rotating the brake and clutch housings.

elizilla

I rotated the brake and clutch housing, to place the levers where they were most comfortable to my hands, yes. :)

Igo

So I imagine you had to rotate the brake and clutch housing slightly to account for the handlebar rotation right?
I rotated mine as far forward as I could get them but I've always like mine a little lower for whatever reason.

Top Bottom