10th Nat'l NT Rally - Jun 24-27, 2020 - Spearfish, SD

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Hmmmm…. since it looks like my big ride went kaflooey, I may have to look into Spearfish since it looks like it still may be a go.

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Well now that WI Supreme Court has overturned our Governors "stay home" order all the bars opened up immediately. It will be interesting to watch the COVID infections 3 - 6 weeks from now. Even though I'd like to travel to Spearfish by June Wisconsites may be shot on sight when found outside Wisconsin.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
If I get the injectors out of the VFR, I might chance busting the Idaho border to take them to the guy who services them. I don't want to be quarantined in N Idaho for 14 days though.

I would like to ride the VFR to Spearfish but taking it apart is the easier task. At least I have other bikes that I could take. :)

Bike
Looking
It’s funny, or ironic...I missed the 2009 thing completely...until 2012.

Early winter of 2012 I got hit with the worst flu/pneumonia I had ever experienced. First I went and got tested for the Flu, which an antiviral eventually took care of. It was bad because I was off work about four days...unusual for me.

The very next week I had to go back to the doctor Again for a round of antibiotics because a bacterial pneumonia set in. Doctor told me I probably had H1N1 which was the pandemic flu from 2009. He said they were seeing people recover from the flu, but then immediately get pneumonia. Anyway, after a round of Zpack (zythromax), I was 100% better and back to work.

We are being careful about Covid but I know from experience there is a lot of crud out there trying to do us in prematurely.

Cant let it stop you from living!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Well now that WI Supreme Court has overturned our Governors "stay home" order all the bars opened up immediately. It will be interesting to watch the COVID infections 3 - 6 weeks from now. Even though I'd like to travel to Spearfish by June Wisconsites may be shot on sight when found outside Wisconsin.
Just an FYI, even SHOOT ON SIGHT Montana will let you TRANSVERSE their state. I dont know what the travel restrictions are in MN but you many just get flipped off is all. I got a nickel that says the MT gov will cave and allow POTUS to open up the Yellowstone North and West entrences by mid June. So far, despite opening up, Georgia's new cases and deaths continue to be minimal.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Didnt certain counties with high population density put in their own bans after the court ruling? If Georgia is doing as well as it is reopening, I doubt you will have any issues. Quaranteen Milwakee!

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Didnt certain counties with high population density put in their own bans after the court ruling?
I didn’t hear that, but we get all our news from Duluth MN. A few weeks age both WI and MN had state patrol checking cars at rural highway borders. They did not stop traffic between Duluth and Superior.

A friend of mine says he “loves the cities. If it weren’t for the cities all those people would be out here”

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Georgia is doing fine with re-opening regardless of what the wanna be journalists at the AJC say. But that is because most people are not using those reopened facilities. The hot spots now are tied to meat processing plants in most cases. As more testing is done in those communities the numbers will climb. You can read the real stats at the State Health Department HERE.

And in the next few days you will probably see another spike, particularly in metro Atlanta, due to the not so bright folks who are gathering in crowds, not wearing masks, and in general acting stupid. We had very nice weather this weekend and it brought the idiots out in droves...:rolleyes:

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I didn’t hear that, but we get all our news from Duluth MN. A few weeks age both WI and MN had state patrol checking cars at rural highway borders. They did not stop traffic between Duluth and Superior.

A friend of mine says he “loves the cities. If it weren’t for the cities all those people would be out here”
I heard the Florida Highway patrol was stopping people with NY plates but that was 3 weeks ago.
Looks like MN is opening up tomorrow for you.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Frosty - "If I get the injectors out of the VFR, I might chance busting the Idaho border to take them to the guy who services them."

Why not ship them via USPS Priority Mail? I would guess the 4 injectors should fit into the smallest priority mail box, around $8, one way.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Looks like MN is opening up tomorrow for you.
MN is "sort of" opening up. I have two sons who work in MN, one lives in WI and commutes to Duluth and one lives in MN 100 miles west. They have both been told by their employers that if they travel out of state (except to go home for the night) they must take two weeks off to self quarantine.

There are now only 2 counties in WI which do not have any reported COVID cases. My county has remained at a total of 3 cases for the last 2 months (and thy were 50 miles away from me). But the county adjacent to Duluth continues to increase.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
MN is "sort of" opening up. I have two sons who work in MN, one lives in WI and commutes to Duluth and one lives in MN 100 miles west. They have both been told by their employers that if they travel out of state (except to go home for the night) they must take two weeks off to self quarantine.

There are now only 2 counties in WI which do not have any reported COVID cases. My county has remained at a total of 3 cases for the last 2 months (and thy were 50 miles away from me). But the county adjacent to Duluth continues to increase.
Jim, I watch the numbers of lots of states and countries and I dont put lots of stock in reported cases. They are meaningless and go up and down with how much testing is being done. And no one knows how many people were infected and didnt even know it. And are no longer shedding virus. Maybe 10 million...maybe 50 million. No one knows. The deaths are probably pretty accurate in determining trends as I believe the death rate for this virus is low but probably pretty constant. Right now, your state has about 9 deaths a day, including nursing homes, veterans homes and MIlwawkee. Sad, of course, but in the grand scheme of things, that is pretty low.....I am all for intellegent social distancing....but the real world threat to many of us here has to do with many other things, like cancer and heart desease....and texters. I cant wait to see the numbers for WI in two weeks.
wisconsin.jpg

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Frosty - "If I get the injectors out of the VFR, I might chance busting the Idaho border to take them to the guy who services them."

Why not ship them via USPS Priority Mail? I would guess the 4 injectors should fit into the smallest priority mail box, around $8, one way.
Frosty likes to watch......

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT

Thanks Tosh. You are exactly correct. It is a 30 mile trip to Coeur d'Alene where his shop is near. Taking them to his shop is less contact with people than going to the Post Office and I can ask him about seals (at a safe distance). Mainly, it is a nice ride. ;)

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Made my reservations for hotels to and from the Rally. Interesting but not surprising that the Super 8 in Buffalo, WY where we have stayed at many times before, is down to a handful of rooms for the nights before and after the rally. With the opening of camp grounds and facilities at National Parks And National forests a big question mark, and people wanting to hit the road, I see a big demand for camp sites and rooms. I am thinking about a "One Lap of WA" trip in early June but with Frosty's Governor not opening up the parks for camping yet , the private camp grounds which he has let stay open, are almost filled for the first half of June.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Frosty - given the situation and close proximity to the shop, I would also opt for riding vs the post office. I had envisioned it was many hundreds of miles away. Have a great ride!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Frosty - given the situation and close proximity to the shop, I would also opt for riding vs the post office. I had envisioned it was many hundreds of miles away. Have a great ride!
Frosty neglected to tell you its a $1,000 fine for a WA person to be in Idaho without a 14 day quarenteen in state. Idaho has 82 deaths. WA has 1200. They are scared to death of us.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Made my reservation for 3 nights at Spearfish....very nice people, very nice place. I didnt know the eateries (I cant spell restaurants) were open already. (South Dakota is marching along with 2 deaths a day and will be at one by the time we get there. I think if we stay away from meat packing plants and first nations reservations we shall be much safer than going to Walmart in Spokane. The county of Lawrence, SD that contains Spearfish has had 9 cases, 9 recoveries, and no deaths.

Top Bottom