11th Nat'l
NT Rally

Spearfish, SD

Date:
June 23-26, 2021
Wed thru Sat

Hotel:
Some are using Bell's
however, the main event is at the campground.

Camping:
Chris' Campground
Rate: $13 per person per night.

Just an update, we should be in sites 88-96.

Sometime after the beginning of 2021,
Please call (605-642-2239) or email (chriscampground@gmail.com) to let them know how many are coming please provide
# of people in your group
# of tents
Special needs such as electricity
vehicle i.e. bike, RV, bike w/trailer etc.
Mention the ST/NT Rally

Please bring cash, check or travelers checks - they do not take credit cards.

Agenda
None, just show up and make friends.

Chris' Campground Map

Chris_Camp_Map_2.jpg

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Are we doubling up with the ST group again?

Mike

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just an FYI - this year there will be no giveaways and no Friday pizza. I believe, until there's a better results with mass-vaccinations, it makes sense to avoid any activities which promote folks to be in close proximity of each other.

I still plan on showing up and riding and hanging out but with some distance and mask at the ready.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I toyed with the idea of going to the Concours Owners Group Rally in northern Alabama, but decided that there would be too many people and too much proximity. I'll stay at Bell's again.

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
I received my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine 8 days ago. No adverse reactions whatsoever.
However, many overzealous folks around here still demand masks. I always thought that was the purpose of the vaccine, to get back to “normal”. Hmm?

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I received my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine 8 days ago. No adverse reactions whatsoever.
However, many overzealous folks around here still demand masks. I always thought that was the purpose of the vaccine, to get back to “normal”. Hmm?
The vaccine protects YOU. You can still transmit the virus that's the reason for the masks.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Got my first dose Moderna today. There does seem to be some evidence that the JJ vax seems to stop virus sheding more than the others if you do get sick. Wear the mask.
The only side effect of the Moderna is that I seem to be a nicer person than I was....probably will wear off by the time of the Rally.
score.jpg

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
The vaccine protects YOU. You can still transmit the virus that's the reason for the masks.
The masks...the good masks...work both ways. If you get sick and are asymptomatic (like 25 % of Brits) it helps control the spread from YOU. Espeically if you are making a mutant. It also protects you from getting sick from others and their mutants...less sick people, less mutants. There will be a series of boosters and even we learned today the mixing of shot types before we get this under control. Then it will be a matter of dealing with flare ups till the next novel covid SARS comes along....
a vax.jpg

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Just an FYI - this year there will be no giveaways and no Friday pizza. I believe, until there's a better results with mass-vaccinations, it makes sense to avoid any activities which promote folks to be in close proximity of each other.

I still plan on showing up and riding and hanging out but with some distance and mask at the ready.
Thats a good plan. When Frosty and I took our epic trip to Southern Utah, except for a couple of times, I would say we were very careful and it worked. Outside seating eateries are the bomb. But I predict that the J and J and the AStra Zenica will be on line and given to millions by then. JJ alone says it can make us 100 million doses by June. NO ONE who got the JJ in the trials and who got covid had to go the the hospital....and that was with one dose. Two doses are in trials now. Barring the appearance of a major mutant, I feel very safe with two Moderna doses coupled with the new booster they are working on.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
From what I understand, both Pfizer or Moderna will also provide protection against new virus strains. You might get sick but dying seems unlikely.

I got the Pfizer because at the time, it was THE only one available in my county.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
At least around here, we now seem to have more doses available than we have people willing to get the shots. Last week, one of the adjoining counties started vaccinnating people who were 18 and older to fill-in all the blanks in their schedules. There are a fair number of anti-vaxxers so how that will play into our herd immunity is still unknown.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I got Moderna #1 on New Years Eve, and # 2 four weeks after that. I had a tender arm and one day of fatigue after # 2.

I'm going to Provo, UT, for the start of the Iron Butt Rally before Spearfish, and then back to Provo after Spearfish for the finish.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Got 1st dose Pfizer yesterday, minor sore arm at injection site no other effects.
The day after the second dose of Moderna, I took two each one hour naps.....fatigue is the main compaint I hear from my friends. Goes away about 36 hours after the jab.

Top Bottom