11th Nat'l NT Rally - Jun 23-26, 2021 - Spearfish, SD

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I used CVS and found one in The Colony, just about 6 miles from me.

I
I got my first shot already thru Dallas Co, but I'm a little anxious because I haven't gotten an email or text to set up my second shot and its supposed to be on the 9th. I was just curious if you had gone the same route so I could ask about your experience. No worries

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I
I got my first shot already thru Dallas Co, but I'm a little anxious because I haven't gotten an email or text to set up my second shot and its supposed to be on the 9th. I was just curious if you had gone the same route so I could ask about your experience. No worries
my 2nd is scheduled for the 20th so too soon to tell how that will go but the 1st was pretty easy, no line, in and out in about 20 mins.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Before I left the hospital where I got my 1st shot, they gave me the date/time for my 2nd shot as part of the Check-Out process. :)

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
I made reservations for a ‘rustic cabin’ at Chris’ campground this week. Sure hope the new CRF300L Rally arrives in time to get it ready to go. Will be traveling light this year - no camping gear, just clothes, etc.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Tell me about the rustic cabins at Chris' campground, please.

Bike
2010 silver NT700
I got Moderna #1 on New Years Eve, and # 2 four weeks after that. I had a tender arm and one day of fatigue after # 2.

I'm going to Provo, UT, for the start of the Iron Butt Rally before Spearfish, and then back to Provo after Spearfish for the finish.
Phil, your old bike in on Craigslist in Spokane.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
So it is! Good pictures of it. I'd forgotten that Joe had added a backrest to his saddle. I swapped his out for the Russell I had on Dudley and swapped his windscreen for the V-Stream I've had.

I notice they rounded the mileage down. They say that it has 138,000 miles on the odometer -- the total was in fact 138,814. Betcha' they'd take an offer.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Carl, the people who camp will all be at Chris's Campground in Spearfish (Chris' Campground - Spearfish SD - Home). Some of us (me for instance) stay at Bell's Motorlodge Motel (bellsmotorlodgemotel.com). It's an old motel that changed owners about a year and a half ago and has gone through some renovations. I take my camp chair with me and leave it at the campground. I'll be at Bell's again this year and if you're interested, we could share a room. We usually eat breakfast together at Perkins and then some people ride together and we often rejoin the whole group for dinner somewhere back in Spearfish. It's a very relaxed gathering with absolutely no preplanned rides. However there are several rides that have become sorta' traditional. Some people don't do much but sit around and chew the fat and kick the tires.

I'm going to be in Provo, UT, from June 19-21 for the start of the Iron Butt Rally and then ride to Spearfish. After I leave Spearfish on Saturday, I'm thinking about riding across the Big Horns on US-16 to Tensleep, then back into the Bighorns on US-14 to Burgess Junction and then down to Lovell on 14A. Then I'll go over Beartooth Pass to West Yellowstone, and from there back down to Provo for the finish of the Iron Butt Rally.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
So there it is.

Is there a condensed web-page with the full details...? I'm interested in attending. For most here, my first public appearance...two years in the NT world.

Should I attend, I will be riding; which means I'd want shelter. If I took the van I could camp in it; but with the bike...tent-camping is not appealing at my age.
If you go, by all means take your bike. There are too, too many nice roads to ride and you will be kicking yerself all weekend for not bringing the bike and no one wants to spend the whole weekend listening to you whine about yerself.

:rofl1:

Mike

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I love the campground. I have something special planned for the shelter. One flush and the fire is out and you can relight it the next night.....
genious.jpg

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I had thought there was a possibility of sharing my room at Bell's with Carl (JustPassinThru), but I guess that's gone. If anyone who has been vaccinated wants to share with me (I'm vaccinated), let me know.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Got my 1st Astra-Zeneca dose :ukflag1: last week.

A total non-event really. No arm ache, no fever, no headache no nothing. After all the negative television and press reporting I was expecting to grow horns and a tail at the very least! :p :rofl1:

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Good to hear... my 1st Moderna wasn't bad at all... my toenails eventually will grow back.... I hope.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Just a sore arm after my first Moderna. A sore arm and fatigue for a couple of days after the second. My son got all of that plus chills after his second.

Top Bottom