OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
The math don’t lie - 75.02 mph AVERAGE. You got a license to fly, Joe? That’s some quick stops, and a lot of seat time! Cruise control must be great.
My gas stops are around 3 mins unless I need to use the restroom or get more water. I sip water every 10-20 miles and probably sweat it out so as long as when I do have to go, it's not dark and still light, I'm in a good place hydration-wise.

I don't have to have 'meals'.. I can snack on bananas, granola bars, nuts.. anything that doesn't melt and is fast and I eat at every gas stop even if it's just a little so I never feel hungry.

The cruise is nice and the adaptive cruise even better, you set it and when it sees a vehicle and slows you can check for traffic and change lanes and back to speed... I'm starting to really like it. However, if a lot of bugs collect on the sensor in the front it throws an error and you can't use any CC.. that happened then it rained on me and it started working again LOL

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Thanks for sharing pix from the museum, Chris.
It truely is an amazing place made by an amazing man who cares about vets. He IS writing a book...imagine the work just to go to the South Pacific and find a Japanese tank, bring it home, and restore it. The restoration shop is in the town of Dubois. Very few people in this country understand the work and expense involved in obtaining the weapons on this wall alone.
a gun wall with autos.jpg

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
My gas stops are around 3 mins unless I need to use the restroom or get more water. I sip water every 10-20 miles and probably sweat it out so as long as when I do have to go, it's not dark and still light, I'm in a good place hydration-wise.

I don't have to have 'meals'.. I can snack on bananas, granola bars, nuts.. anything that doesn't melt and is fast and I eat at every gas stop even if it's just a little so I never feel hungry.

The cruise is nice and the adaptive cruise even better, you set it and when it sees a vehicle and slows you can check for traffic and change lanes and back to speed... I'm starting to really like it. However, if a lot of bugs collect on the sensor in the front it throws an error and you can't use any CC.. that happened then it rained on me and it started working again LOL
I love my adaptive cruise on my Subaru....maybe someday bikes will have collison avoidence and blind spot sensing. I am praying to God I will Never HALF to ride 1000 miles in a day. I love 60 miles and then stop and read all the highway history signs....

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Amen to the adaptive cruise control. I never did like or use cruise control on any of my vehicles until we got our Subie with adaptive CC. It makes a long drive much more relaxing.

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I sip water every 10-20 miles and probably sweat it out so as long as when I do have to go, it's not dark and still light, I'm in a good place hydration-wise.
So you use a hydration system to drink but do you use a cooling vest in hot (95+) weather? Hot weather drains my endurance but I’m not acclimated or very experienced in hot riding. Don’t know that I want to be.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
So you use a hydration system to drink but do you use a cooling vest in hot (95+) weather? Hot weather drains my endurance but I’m not acclimated or very experienced in hot riding. Don’t know that I want to be.
I've tried them and can take or leave but they end up just being something extra I bring and may not use.

In hot weather - #1 priority is hydration - after that, it's comfort. I find when I'm moving it doesn't feel nearly as hot as standing still as the small airflow keeps things from getting too bad. Everyone is different.

Sometimes, if riding more back roads w/high humidity, I might douse my headgear w/water which is good for 30mins or so but for me it's always been hydration. Your body knows how to handle the heat and water is what it needs to do that, for the most part. Comfort is a different thing and it doesn't matter how much water you get if you just don't like the heat... some things help so you find what works for you.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I would love to hear what it sounds like when the Mighty Mo fired a round. Makes the USMC artillery look like a pea shooter and I thought the 155mm was impressive.

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
There are some good videos on Facebook of battleships of the same class as the USS Missouri firing salvos from their 16" guns.

When I was working in the oilfield, the company I worked for had three or four trepanning machines which had been used to bore the holes in 16" and smaller naval guns.

Top Bottom