12th Nat'l NT Rally - Jun 22-25, 2022 - Spearfish, SD

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Also, I rode down and up Spearfish Canyon several times and despite the camp prognosticators, I never drew any nasty weather my way, let alone tornados!!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
What was the weather like, Ken? I'm guessing it was a little cooler today. What routes did you take up and back? Who was there?

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Departed the bivouac area. Troop movement was at 0530 this morning and arrived at the AO at 12:30. Had one gas stop halfway at Torrington (200 miles) and a 30 min. brunch stop. Every thing went the way it was suppose to and I had a great time seeing old friends again this year. Wife did well while I was gone. North I-25 is a mess.

Last edited:

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
We are going to the military museum to pay our respects
Not Glacier ;)
Screenshot_20220625-212436_copy_720x900.jpg

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Phil, I'd consider the weather good the whole time I was there. I got in about 2:00pm Wed. The day was partly sunny and the temperature was in the low 80 degree F range. Thursday was perhaps the best of the lot with mostly sunny and the temps below 90. Pleasant enough while moving. Friday was partly cloudy and comfortable most of the day, with a touch of light rain late afternoon. Another good day for some rides although I hung around camp that day. Friday night around midnight we got rain, which meant wet tent pack up if you were leaving Saturday - which most did, some as early as before 5 AM. It was also quite cool. Even at my leisurely departure (10 AM) I had my electric jacket liner running. Temps were about 50. My route up and back was pretty direct, north on I 25 to exit 92 into Guernsey, north on WY 270 to US 18, east to Lusk (I needed gas), then north on US 85 through Newcastle and on to Cheyenne Crossing and Spearfish Canyon to Spearfish, returning via the same route.
People there from the NT forum side were Jim Moore (with the only NT I saw), Coyote Chris, Frosty, Chuck Henderson, and I need to include Mellow since he runs both of the sites. On the ST forum side there were more folks, some I knew - many I met but I cannot recall names at this point.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Sounds like our contingent of NT/former NT riders is shrinking. I hope I can be there next year.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Cant post pictures here but the nat mil museum is world class. 450 vehicles. Lots to tell later. 4 hours of walking and we didnt see it all. Our butts are dragging but what a place.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Nice picture as usual Joe. Glad y documented SOMETHING. I saw post s about people leaving, traveling, and routs, but nothing about anything at the campground. Then came thposts about returning. I was beginning to wonder if there really WAS a rally. No pictures of bellys around a campfire, empty bottles, or Chris’ breakfast. I guess it must have rained a lot.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Nice picture as usual Joe. Glad y documented SOMETHING. I saw post s about people leaving, traveling, and routs, but nothing about anything at the campground. Then came thposts about returning. I was beginning to wonder if there really WAS a rally. No pictures of bellys around a campfire, empty bottles, or Chris’ breakfast. I guess it must have rained a lot.
Yeah, I was a bit lax on the pic taking... It barely rained at all this time around, a light rain on Friday in the evening but didn't last then after midnight it poured but was done by 3am. I'll take it. Great temps, not too hot or too cold.

I saw 110 degree weather through Kansas/Oklahoma on my way home but I survived lol.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
and...... I didn't get a pic of Chris riding 'B' on the RT.... .darn!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Quite a one day ride, Joe. More than a thousand miles! The Beemer must be a good mile cruncher.
1069 in 14hrs 15mins.

Yes, it is a pretty amazing machine, great handling, great range, great tech, great weather protection, pretty much great everything.. my only gripe is the speedometer is off by 5mph but only my Yamahas have been close to accurate. I look at the GPS a lot to see actual mph.

Top Bottom