1st Nat'l NT Rally - Jun 27-Jul 1, 2011 - Hill City, SD

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
OK guys. I am on my way back From WESTSTOC and headed to South Dakota for NTOC gathering. Want to make sure that folks are going to be there. What time are most of you going to show up at the Hotel? Phil what is the count? Sorry I could not get in touch sooner but the WIFI in Nelson BC was not working. Rick, Are you going to be there with Igo? Hope to meet and see a bunch of you as Phil's old mug is getting hard on my eyes. :rofl1::) Hope you all don't mind me on my ST. Is anybody going to be there on Sunday?

See you there. Ride Safe.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
OK guys. I am on my way back From WESTSTOC and headed to South Dakota for NTOC gathering. Want to make sure that folks are going to be there. What time are most of you going to show up at the Hotel? Phil what is the count? Sorry I could not get in touch sooner but the WIFI in Nelson BC was not working. Rick, Are you going to be there with Igo? Hope to meet and see a bunch of you as Phil's old mug is getting hard on my eyes. :rofl1::) Hope you all don't mind me on my ST. Is anybody going to be there on Sunday?

See you there. Ride Safe.
Chuck,

I have no idea about the count, but it's growing. Rick will be there, but I don't know about Igo (I don't think so). I'm rooming with BlackEyes1 (Keith Bartholomew from Tucson, who's somewhere between Durango and Denver today. He'll meet me in Fort Morgan and we'll head north, along with Jim Moore from Whitney, NE.

I think we'll get to the hotel by 6:30-7:30 Sunday evening.

We could have people from as far away as Indiana and I'm pretty sure there'll be folks from the west coast there.

I'll wear my Schuberth backwards to protect your vision.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I won't be there until Sunday afternoon/evening. Right now I am in Drummond Montana. I am staying off the freeways as much as possable. Figure I will be between Cody and Buffalo WY tomorrow night, and then roll into Hill City on Sunday. Will have to pull out on of Hill City on Tuesday or Wednsday morn at the very latest. Money is getting short and so are clean cloths.:eek1: At least I can get the ST panniers open.:doh1: Might need a floor to sleep on as I did not make reservations.

Here are a few of the many pictures I took on this trip.

Last edited:

taldric

On my way. Left Seattle area at 7:30 this morning and have stopped right now for lunch at Subway. I'm on the western edge of Spokane. Perfect weather and traveling thus far.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I am in Graybull WY 325 miles away from Hill City. This is on my return from WESTOC. Went thru Yellowstone today, from west to east. Sure did slow my time down. 45 mph for almost 85 miles. How ever my MPG sure was good today. Here are a couple of pics from todays ride.

Last edited:

taldric

I'm in Butte for the night! Tomorrow I'll finish the trip to Hill City barring any unforeseen problems.

Today was my first ever 600+ mile day. Went quite well! I could have probably gone further if needed, but it was nice to get off the bike after 12 hours of riding!

taldric

The more the merryer! How many bikers can we fit in one room?

taldric

At a rest area on I-90 about 100 miles out from Hill City (according to my GPS). Need to stop for gas then I'll be there. ETA between 6 and 7 PM. I'll be ready for a beer and a dinner - in that order!

taldric

So, there are now six NTs here now. And one ST1300 that we are tolerating. Why aren't the rest of you here? ;-)

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Yes, 6 NT's and one ST. Daddy Silver ST1300 and five little silver NT Chicks and one Red (slow) NT Chick. For a total of six NT's in the same spot at one time. :rofl1: Is that a Record?

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Yes, 6 NT's and one ST. Daddy Silver ST1300 and five little silver NT Chicks and one Red (slow) NT Chick. For a total of six NT's in the same spot at one time. :rofl1: Is that a Record?
Four was the number to beat till now...

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Wrong, Karl! The number to beat was 5. Last July, I met Katherine Becker, Brandon Kelly, Don ??, and Keith and Kris ?? in upstate Michigan. Keith was on an ST, but there were five NTs there.

Six here in SD makes a record. :)

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Wrong, Karl! The number to beat was 5. Last July, I met Katherine Becker, Brandon Kelly, Don ??, and Keith and Kris ?? in upstate Michigan. Keith was on an ST, but there were five NTs there.

Six here in SD makes a record. :)
This won't be the last time I hope :)

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Yep, you'll get one. It may be tomorrow or it may be Monday, but you'll get one.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Shoot, that after-action report may not come till Wednesday or Thursday.

Top Bottom