2nd Nat'l NT Rally - Jul 12-15, 2012 - Spearfish, SD

taldric

Rick - that video isn't bad at all. The night vision on the camera is surprisingly good. Of course, getting to watch you turning your head to check the lanes, check your speed, check your blinkers, etc. gets a bit distracting! I'm looking forward to the trip down the strip where you are probably turning your head to stare at every half-naked Barbie Doll!

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
It does look like a nice campground. Maybe I'll camp after all. I don't suppose it would hurt me to do that. Just dragging my creaky old body up and out a couple of times a night to hike to the bathroom would be good exercise.
Oh maannnn....Phil, just pick up one of those Nalgene water bottles at Wal-Mart or wherever. You'll figure the rest out. Sheese...:rofl1:

LL75 :smile:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Larry, I'm prwetty sure that something like that will end up being my solution. Just hope I don't get it confused with my drinking water bottle. :)

CSMRider

Hey friends I just found this rally info. Living in Torrington, WY I know the Black Hills well. First step is taken, put it my Blackberry which rules my life. Next is to go see the Major General to ask for the time off.

I bought a old tent trailer this winter, so might be just the time to test it out. My lovely wife of 35 years can drive our truck w/the popup and I will ride the new NT700V. Will let you guys know if the boss says OK, then I will RSVP.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Hey friends I just found this rally info. Living in Torrington, WY I know the Black Hills well. First step is taken, put it my Blackberry which rules my life. Next is to go see the Major General to ask for the time off.

I bought a old tent trailer this winter, so might be just the time to test it out. My lovely wife of 35 years can drive our truck w/the popup and I will ride the new NT700V. Will let you guys know if the boss says OK, then I will RSVP.
Cool... it's approaching pretty fast, amazing how time flies sometimes.

taldric

Wow! if we really get more than 10 NTs there then this year's National NT Rally will break the Wa/Or NT owner's club (WONTOC) ride to eat record a few weeks ago! Then again - I think some of you are planning to be there on something other than an NT. Which is fine, of course, but could mean that the WONTOC might still be able to hold onto the US record for most NTs at one place at one time.

WONTOC - I don't think it is official yet, but I voted for WONTOC as the name for the Pacific Northwest riders group. So I'm using it.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Wow! if we really get more than 10 NTs there then this year's National NT Rally will break the Wa/Or NT owner's club (WONTOC) ride to eat record a few weeks ago! Then again - I think some of you are planning to be there on something other than an NT. Which is fine, of course, but could mean that the WONTOC might still be able to hold onto the US record for most NTs at one place at one time.

WONTOC - I don't think it is official yet, but I voted for WONTOC as the name for the Pacific Northwest riders group. So I'm using it.
That's cool, I can add a section in the Regional are for you if you like.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Great News - A Dry Spec D66 combo will be given
away along with a gift cert for $100 and other
misc items from Twisted Throttle. Thanks Kev!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Cool! I didn't try to gather up swag for giveaways last year.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Kevin, we do thank you. Since I've already ordered the system, I might have a better than usual chance of being the "winner." I went to 9 Concours Owners Group National Rallies over the years and never won anything but a size-small Rider Wearhouse t-shirt.

Oh, until the last one I attended on my NT700V -- then I won a set of brake pads for a C-10 Concours. I gave them away.

Nicole

Thanks Kevin and Twisted Throttle for your generous contribution!

CSMRider

OK friends the Boss approved my leave. So did I read we do not need reservations just show at the camp site with my old tent trailer? I'm looking forward to this. The only other rally I have been to was a Concours gathering in Wyoming a few years ago.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Tent trailer? Are you going to bring your NT?

BTW, if we haven't managed to get together before then, I'll be looking forward to meeting you.

taldric

Whoa! We have 16 RSVP'd as coming?!? I know some of you won't be on your NTs but if we can get more then 10 NTs we can beat the previous North America record of 10 at one place at one time set by the WONTOC crew.

Looks like its going to be a great get together!

Top Bottom