OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
The tree thing can go both ways... it can shield you from some rain but then it's going to drip on you long after the rain stops and with the shade will be the last to dry out.

As a general rule, I tend to stay away from trees most of the time just due to sap and bird droppings but I don't recall the trees at this campground having those issues. They keep the place tidy and trees trimmed so I'd say it doesn't matter where you throw the tent, if you want a noontime nap, then probably under a tree would be a good idea.

As Chuck says, just show up.. the rest... will work itself out. Life is too short to stress over things and when you get to the location, 'calm' is the only thing on the agenda.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
The tree thing can go both ways... it can shield you from some rain but then it's going to drip on you long after the rain stops and with the shade will be the last to dry out.

As a general rule, I tend to stay away from trees most of the time just due to sap and bird droppings but I don't recall the trees at this campground having those issues. They keep the place tidy and trees trimmed so I'd say it doesn't matter where you throw the tent, if you want a noontime nap, then probably under a tree would be a good idea.

As Chuck says, just show up.. the rest... will work itself out. Life is too short to stress over things and when you get to the location, 'calm' is the only thing on the agenda.
Ya, what Mellow says, Don't stress out couse there is no Proceedure. Written or other wise.:tongue::)

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Well, you are required to have fun... LOL

I may have pizza delivered to the campground for Friday evening... although, that's a lot of pizza.. LOL

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I'm sure I can find some catfish somewhere..

Heck, there's a wal-mart nearby, 30 Tombstone Pizzas will work, we'll have a campfire.

Nicole

I am picturing an NT going down the road with 30 tombstone pizza boxes strapped to it ..... ROFLMAO

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Heck, there's a wal-mart nearby, 30 Tombstone Pizzas will work, we'll have a campfire.
Ohhh, barbequed pizza!! Money Saving Tip: Just buy two "house brand" mystery meat pizzas, instead of Tombstones, and you will save a lot of money and have leftovers for the duration of the rally...

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
Yeowee! Herself says since I came home early from Mexico I can go to Spearfish! See you guys there!

LL75 :rofl1: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Cool, this looks like a definite record-breaking NT event... in the U.S. anyway.

We'll try to arrange a photo opp w/all the NTs... shouldn't be too difficult. We can shoot for Friday before the giveaways.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Wow, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and seeing that many NTs in one place.

Pizza just puts the topping on the whole event! :)

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Wow, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and seeing that many NTs in one place.

Pizza just puts the topping on the whole event! :)
There's usually an ice cream truck that comes around so desert may be covered.. LOL

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Wow...you guys are making this tough on me...I return from Oregon to Spokane on the 3rd of July...I leave for Oshkosh and the EAA Fly-in on the 18th...between the two is my annual bike trip to the Bighorns of Wyoming....if I let my departure date slide a bit for Oshkosh, I could possibly do my Bighorn trip with a sashay to the Ralley for a day or two. I have never been to a ralley but have gone through Sturgis many times coming back from OSH every year. I want no part of what Sturgis is selling.....who the heck wants to see a cucumber contest?....but it would be great to see you guys for a day or so. Must think about this....anyone want to ride to the Reno Air races in Sept?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Maybe year after next. Still working this year and between the Rally and going to meet my brother in BC when he finishes hiking the Paciific Crest Trail at the end of September, I won't have time to make it to Stead.

Then next year, Rick and I will be somewhere in the NE or the Maritime Provinces.

taldric

I'm starting to get pretty excited about the rally this year. Should be great!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I don't think I want to know what a cucumber contest is about....eww.....
My point exactly. Not my kind of people....I like to sit around a camp at night and listen to stories while self-medicating
with a wine cooler or two with intellegent, interesting older folk who are 90 percent sober and dont use the F word in every
sentence.....
Just use some hand sanitizer after touching door knobs in Spearfish and you will be fine.....

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Its looking more and more like I can pull this side trip from my yearly Big Horn Mountain ride off, if only for a day or so.........I have a few questions....

1. Will there be name tags? I have a write only memory.
2. Is Phil going to do services? If I am there, lightning might strike.
3. Those tents are pretty close. Does anyone snore?
4. How are the mosquitos?
5. If the average daily high is 86 degrees in July, is it better to camp under a tree for the shade
or better to avoid anything that draws lightning....
6. Will therre be commemorative hats and t-shirts and coffee mugs for sale?
7. Are there showers that work? Hot water and all?

It is forbidden to spin a Martin B-26 in any case.....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I can guarantee that I will not do services. I am available for individual counseling. :)

Snoring? Likely... that's another reason earplugs are useful.

Showers look good. Don't know about hot water.

From what I have gathered, this is not a well enough organized kind of rally to have comemorative anything except for memories.

Name tags would be good, but see above about organization.

We're kind of tagalongs with the STOC, and from what I think I know they just show up.

taldric

Rick, you and I will be in competition for the most mosquitos! My family enjoys hiking with me only because all mosquitos for miles around will zero in on me. I'm just hoping the tent tie down pegs will be strong enough the keep the little blood suckers from carrying me off in the middle of the night!

Top Bottom