2nd Nat'l NT Rally - Jul 12-15, 2012 - Spearfish, SD

Not me. At least not yet. What route are you going to be using to get to Spearfish, Nicole?

I'm going to be coming in from way to the east because I'm going to attempt a BunBurner Gold to get there. I'm leaving Fort Morgan at about 4PM on July 10, heading down to Limon, CO, to get onto I-70. I'll follow it to Kansas City, then go north on I-35, around Des Moines, and then on up to I-90 and west to Beaulah, WY, and back to Spearfish on the afternoon of the 11th.

I could probably get away with stopping at Spearfish, but it's just a little bit over the 1500 miles I'll need for the BBG, and Beaulah gives me a nice cushion of 36 miles. Of course, if I'm over the 24 hours at Spearfish, I'll just stop and head for the campground.

I will be leaving on the 25 June for the Blue Ridge Parkway and Deals Gap. Taking the ST1300. When I get back on the 8th of July, I have a three day turn around and will be heading to Spearfish with my ST700 (NT). See you all there. I guess I am the link between the ST guys & gals and the NT guys & gals.

Since Rick never sleeps, he can be at your house when it's still dark. :)

Mosquitos love me too. I always carry the juice. As for snoring, I have Ambien and ear plugs....my wife makes noises like a B-29 with all four engines at military power and all out of synch....
I will be sorry if I miss Nicole...how many people will be there on Thursday night?

I will get in there maybe Wednesday, or Thursday afternoon for sure.

Eldon

I've never experienced any Mosquito problem while at this campground, in fact it's more like camping i your back yard than real camping since they keep the place up so well.

I will be leaving Jul 10th preferable around 5-6 am from Palm City, FL my route will be roughly this:

North on the Florida Turnpike
North on I-75 then a swap over at the Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama state lines to
I-24, then a swap onto I-70 W, I-29 north, I-90 West ...

I am hoping for 500-700 mile days Which would put in me in Spearfish anywhere from July 12 to 13. I am planning on leaving Spearfish to head south to visit family in Texas and Louisiana on Jul 15th. And finally making it home by Jul 22.

I will be arriving at the campground Wednesday (July 11) in the evening (6 to 9 PM is my guess). I'll be leaving Spearfish Monday morning (July 16).

I'm expecting to be there early afternoon on that Wednesday... getting excited about this one, may just be the biggest one we've had and I can only imagine next year's.

Oh - do we have a name for this rally? Is it NaNTOC (National NT Owners Club) Rally? Us real programmer nerds have a special affinity for NaN (Not a Number). Or is it just NTOC 2012?

Oh - do we have a name for this rally? Is it NaNTOC (National NT Owners Club) Rally? Us real programmer nerds have a special affinity for NaN (Not a Number). Or is it just NTOC 2012?

Nothing cute, just the National NT Rally... LOL... NNTR? As you know, it's tough to find words w/NT in them that flow..

I will be leaving Jul 10th preferable around 5-6 am from Palm City, FL my route will be roughly this:

North on the Florida Turnpike
North on I-75 then a swap over at the Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama state lines to
I-24, then a swap onto I-70 W, I-29 north, I-90 West ...

I am hoping for 500-700 mile days Which would put in me in Spearfish anywhere from July 12 to 13. I am planning on leaving Spearfish to head south to visit family in Texas and Louisiana on Jul 15th. And finally making it home by Jul 22.

Oh good! Maybe we can meet after all. Bring your little stove and we will have a contest to see who can boil water faster! :)

Nothing cute, just the National NT Rally... LOL... NNTR? As you know, it's tough to find words w/NT in them that flow..
I will work on photoshopping some T-shirt designs and we can vote on them...
Maybe one with the Coffee mug pic that says, "I rode all the way to Spearfish and all I got was this lousy T-shirt....
Or, maybe one with the campfire scene from "Blazing Saddles" only with NTs around it....I will give this some thought....

I'm planning on getting a banner but not an event specific one, one that can go around the country at the other NT events.

My hands are pretty full with dealing with give-aways for the event so if you want to put shirt designs together that would be cool.. The way I did that with STO was to load the designs into cafepress so folks could get them that way. I've never been a fan the 'all I got was a lously shirt' designs myself but that's just me. The 1st ones we did for STO had Mount Rushmore in the background which was pretty cool.

I do have a premium cafepress shop so I can apply the design to multiple items or multiple designs to the same items.

I was thinking of getting CallieGraphics to print up some stickers for the rally. Something with a name, the location, and the year. Something that we can print up and give away every year so those of us who want to can stick them to our bikes to show how many years we made it.

Something like: NaNTOC 2012, Spearfish, SD. Then a logo or simple image in the background. So if someone comes up with a graphic/name/logo please include me in the distribution. I will provide these to everyone that shows up.

If all goes as planned I should also be bringing a WONTOC T-Shirt to have Mellow give away as a door prize as well.

Oh good! Maybe we can meet after all. Bring your little stove and we will have a contest to see who can boil water faster! :)

ok, about where and how do you want to arrange that? pm me i guess would be the best way to finish this.

I may have said this already, but I think I'm going to take a day and ride to North Dakota just to fill in that blank spot on my map. It'll be about a 400 mile ride but would let anyone pick up Montana too if they want to join me.

Back
Top Bottom