5th Nat'l NT Rally - Jul 8-11, 2015 - Spearfish, SD

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Well, I'm planning on being there this year, arriving Wed. evening if all goes well.

Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
Is there a "schedule of events" for this rally? May try to get there but will not be able to stay the entire time. Wondering if it is worthwhile for only 2 days.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Not much really, it's on the first post in this thread. It's not Wing Ding or Americade, just show up and hang out with friends and ride the area.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I'll be there Wednesday. I'll check in at Bell's Motel first, then wander over to the camp site.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I'll be there Wednesday. I'll check in at Bell's Motel first, then wander over to the camp site.
I'm planning on being there Tuesday maybe after 2pm.. Wed might be out for a ride early but back by lunchtime.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I am thinking of arriving Tuesday as well. If I break up my trip there into two days and make Tuesday the short day I could be there in the afternoon easily. Since I didn't get a good motorcycle trip in last riding season, and this will be the first one this year, I am really looking forward to this.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I am thinking of arriving Tuesday as well. If I break up my trip there into two days and make Tuesday the short day I could be there in the afternoon easily. Since I didn't get a good motorcycle trip in last riding season, and this will be the first one this year, I am really looking forward to this.
I hope you are riding the new Triumph. I'l like to see it.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Riding the new triumph is the plan. I made a point to ride it most of the day awhile back, as a test. I put all the racks and luggage with some extra stuff loaded. I put 400 miles in 7-ish hours. Mostly two lane slower county roads. Longest stretch was 137 miles without stopping. The bike did great, and I really like the cruise control. Even when my butt felt a little sore, it only took a few minutes of standing and walking around and I was ready to go again. I was amazed that when I got home I still had the energy to do whatever I wanted. I have had long days in the saddle that were very satisfying, but really wore me out (on the other bikes). I think it is a keeper.

After putting the Madstad adjustable screen and the bags I am getting slightly less mpg than with the NT, but it is still much better than the DR at highway speeds. I think I have been averaging 47mpg with a good mix of in-town and highway riding. I was in low 50s with the same riding on the NT. Not really a big difference at all, but I think the NT had about 20-30 miles extra range (real world). If I don't have a headwind and am very conservative with my throttle hand, I could probably achieve very similar MPG and range out of the Tiger.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Electraclyde, I think it would be worth-while. There's really no schedule. Some of us ride in the Black Hills and there are two or three days worth of spectacular riding there; others ride to Devil's Tower, a great ride and a spectacular destination; some of us have even ridden to North Dakota just to check it off our list of states we haven't ridden in. North Dakota was an OK ride, not spectacular, and the day I did it very hot and windy with just OK scenery and lots of road construction.

Some of us just sit around the camp and talk. On Friday night there's a pizza feast and swag give-away.

But, you'll never get a better chance to see NT in the same place and compare farkles.

And you also get a chance to meet some really good people -- even if I'll be there.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Is there a "schedule of events" for this rally? May try to get there but will not be able to stay the entire time. Wondering if it is worthwhile for only 2 days.
Yeah - its worth it. Last year was my first year, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course, most of the folks are on NTs and STs, but I was surprised at the other bikes there. Its not a large crowd, but a very friendly crowd. The challenge is to match the handles here on the forum with the person's real name.

Hope to see you there.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
+ 1 on the good times to be had regardless of what you choose to do, 3 years ago I was there for one night and had to pull out nezt morning due to death in family, second year I was in custer and the grim reaper struck again, one of my closest friends wif so U only passed Spearfish on the interstate as I headed non stopfor Twin Falls ID. :ast year I successfully made it ,and had a great time.

I have reservations again for this year at Bell's , will I be there?? only time will tell. I camped year 1, was gping to year 2, last year Grand daughter was to come. thhhhhus motel, This year that is similar plan; depending on other things, Either way is find depending on your creature comforts either way is great.

Eldon

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
The challenge is to match the handles here on the forum with the person's real name.
Coyote Chris made an attempt to make those connections on paper for everyone to share at the rally. I think he even wanted photos of folks so we could put a name with a face. Great idea, but I don't think it worked out the way he wanted it to. Imagine, trying to get all the individuals on here to give up their information and photo, in acceptable format, and get it in on time. It was just too much. Sorry Chris, we just can't handle it. I know we let you down. But it was a good idea.

As a group, me may max out with some name tags and a sharpie. Until someone looses the sharpie.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Maybe I shouldn't post that since we actually want people to show up. ..

Tourguy

My research tells me there are a LOT of interesting places to go in the Black Hills/Badlands area . . . hope everyone will not be sayin': "Naw . . . we already seen all that stuff. Just want to hang out in town." On the other hand, that pic of Mellow makes me think campground/rally time will be fun too!

Top Bottom