5th Nat'l NT Rally - Jul 8-11, 2015 - Spearfish, SD

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Kevin, Phil and I, along with Len and a few others plan to arrive on the 7th. Don't know about Phil, but I'll probably in about mid to late afternoon. I e-mailed the campground for reservation earlier, but Phil is staying at Bells Motel. Seems like more folks are staying in the motel this year. Hope they don't know something that I'm missing.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Yeah, I read that a few showing up on the 7th. I thought I read that Phil and Redbird were headed there the morning of the 7th. It is better for me to break the ride up into two days, so I figured I could leave home on the sixth, head west and meet them in the morning on the 7th. I am open to suggestions though. My vacation actually starts tomorrow so I have plenty of time to get to NE CO. I have rode my DR650 from home to Colorado Springs in one day (700+ miles). The new tiger should be easier.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Kevin, Ken and I (along with a Concours buddy) will be leaving Greeley on Tuesday the 7th. I had been going to ride up Wednesday, but Jim Rau is getting there on Tuesday and leaving early Friday morning and I haven't seen his smiling face since Prince George early in the Epic Ride, so I decided to go up on Tuesday.

I had planned on camping, but after Eldon canceled his room, I decided to stay at Bell's.

We'd love to have you join us for the ride up!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Jim...as far as Bell's goes, we had a real nice evening round table bull session last year with cigars and cold frosty beverages with Rich, Doug, Eldon (gonna miss him this year) and myself. And, you can't beat clean sheets, showers and A/C for about $60 a night. camping is nice, but I like to pamper myself a little and my back loves sleeping in a bed. Still planning on leaving Spokane Monday early. RON in Billings, then into Spearfish Tuesday, but you know travel plans. They can change over-night. Ride safe all.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
My bike's oil is changed. The chain has been given it's most thorough cleaning thus far. I packed all the riding and camping gear. I am so ready for this trip! I missed last year because work made me cancel and I have only done little weekend trips since my trip two years ago (including Spearfish). To say I have been looking forward to this is an understatement.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Glad you are going to join us for the ride up Kevin. You are way ahead of me. I have nothing packed. I'll maybe pack Sunday, ...or Monday. See you soon.

Oh, and your new Triumph too!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Y'all have a great time and ride safe! One day I may make to a rally.

Mike

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
I rode solo from Albuquerque to Calgary, Canada June 26, 27, 28 and 29. 1555 miles with daily peak temps well over 100 F. Passed thru Moab mid day at about 108 F.

Along with Bill Jackson from Calgary, we rode together to Banf and Jasper on Canada Day, July 1. Lots of very patriotic folks celebrating, capped off with fireworks after dark at 11:30 pm. Then, we returned to Calgary July 2. Georgeous views at every turn, with Lake Louise, the Icefield Parkway, and beautiful alpine towns. Paid 1.779 (Canadian) per Liter of fuel at Saskatchewan Station. Highest price in Canada.

We left Calgary this morning, rode thru Glacier Nat'l Park on Going to The Sun road, arrived this afternoon in Kalispell. More beautiful scenery at every turn.

Will be heading to Helena tomorrow, Billings on Monday, then Cody WY on Tuesday. Should arrive in Spearfish as scheduled on Wednesday afternoon July 8. Looking forward to getting together with old and new friends!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
On your way to Cody, you going to ride Beartooth and Chief Joseph? After I leave Spearfish, I'm going into Canada (though not as far as you, then down to Glasgow. I'll be going through Cody, with a detour over Beartooth from Billings.

Looking forward to seeing you again, Rich.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
My last minute chores.
Honey do add-on chores.
Packing and bike prep.
Leaving tomorrow (in the rain).
Can't wait. Like a kid at Christmas.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Yep. Those pictures make it look like you're on your way. Had you ever ridden the Ice-Fields Parkway before? What a spectacular ride!

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
No, I had not been to Banf, the Icefield Parkway, or Jasper before. It was a great ride and I enjoyed it immensely!

Unfortunately, after arriving in Helena, MT saturday July 4th, my riding buddy Bill Jackson (from Calgary) discovered that his front tire was wearing out very quickly. We tried with no luck to find a tire anywhere in Montana saturday and today. So, Bill put safety first, and rode home to Calgary today.

That puts me back to riding solo. I'm in Billings, MT tonight, on my way over Beartooth pass and Chief Joseph tomorrow. I'll stay in Cody, WY tomorrow night and arrive on schedule Wednesday afternoon in Spearfish.

Of course, my reservation is for a room with two beds, Wed. Thur, and Fri night. Any tent camper who wants to share the cost of a room at Bell's Motor Lodge? Total price for three nights is $253, not sure if that includes taxes or not.

Unfortunately, my T-Mobile cell phone is not working anywhere in Montana, so I can't be contacted by phone. But, if anyone is interested in sharing the room send me a PM here on the NT forum and I will respond when I have WiFi available.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Sorry your buddy's tire went away. If the weather stays cool and damp, you may have to beat those potential room-sharers off with a stick!

Top Bottom