User Name: Woodaddict

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 1
Name: 100,000 Mile Award
Description: 100,000 miles on an NT

Recipient username : Woodaddict

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

Got 100K on way to work. Had to circle parking lot once to make it right on money. Took pic

Phil deserves to get 100K first, I just overtook him for first time in January. If this was summer he would have been working to beat me. Purchased NT on 12- 7-11. 3 yrs, 3 months, 16 days to get here.
-----------------------------------------------------

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
OUTSTANDING!!!!

I am so proud of you! It's taken me five years and about 4 days to get to the place I am now. You've been piling on the miles almost as fast as RUSTINPEACE.

My only consolation is that I've gotten to ride many more miles on new and interesting roads than you two "commuters."

Congratulations! The signed 100K sticker is the top drawer of my chest of drawers at home --- I'll take a picture of it and post it on this thread when I'm back there Sunday night. Then on Monday morning, I'll tack 281 miles onto my so-far pathetic 2015 mileage. :)

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Well done!

It would be interesting to know what repairs and replacements you have needed.

I'm on approximately 91,500 km (56,900 miles) so quite a long way to go but, I'll get to see the 100,000 km some time in the summer. French bikes don't have an option to display miles.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Outstanding David. Its quite an achievement for both man and machine. So what's next? A new motorcycle or 150K ?
Congratulations to Phil and Will as well. You guys are all top notch riders in my book.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
So what's next huh Warren??? To infinity and beyond says Buzzzzlightyear!! I have much more to do on this NT. This is my second bike that I personally have gone past 100K. I want to go past 160,560 that I did on first PC800. Look in my tag line you will see miles for those 2 PC's. I swapped engines in the PC @ 135,500(cheaper) and rode until 160,560. So I DO want to even try for 200K, that's only another 3 yrs, 3.5 months!!
I just can't seem to get a job close to home. My work commute is 49 miles one way. Previous 4 yrs it was 54 miles, we moved Dec 2013 slightly closer. So can't take a 19 MPG truck all the time, even a car around 33 MPG is not as good as the NT. I just love to ride motorcycles, makes my trip and adventure all the time, and FUN. My best year riding is 2012 year, had mild winter weather Jan-Mar, then again Nov-Dec of that year,,, I only missed 8 days of riding ALL year(some Saturdays too), thru rain, cold rain, and really some cold temps. At work I am called crazy etc for being a hard nosed GIT-R-DONE rider.

Here are some the starting of " how do you get to 100K" tidbits.

on 7th rear tire, on 5th front tire. Best front was Dunlop Rdsmt2 @ 26,399 miles. Best rear was PR4 @ 16,835 miles. Now I do ride past to touching of wear bars on the tires. WITHOUT any problems in traction or grip, even in rain or heavy rain, or cold weather, always have done that without a problem. I wear them to about when the center groove blends into the base of tire, before any cords start to show.

Still have original battery.

AND, here is probably BIGGEST thing. No problems with the dreaded saddlebag issues. Just have not overcrammed them or slam them. I do fill then tight at times, just as I inch up to full closure, if I feel resistance I re-arrange to close. So cross my fingers, hope they still do preform for a while longer.

AND I do think that no one else YET outside of this forum has taken an NT past 100K yet. Would like to see if someone can get ahold of Bob Higdon to see what he has done, But you know if you don't report your mileage it didn't happen!! like pics

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Congrats on being the first in this group to top the 100,000 mile mark. Wishing you many more happy trails.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Congratulations on your !00,000 miles,! I think you should receive a extra special award for having done most of them in a comute in all sorts of weather, That is Dedication!

Most of my trucking years consisted of a 50 +/- each way to work at all varied hours of day and night, No way I would deal with that on a bike having so much gear I had to have with me I would have been pullng a trailer regardless of bike size that being, HD, wings, ETC, ETC I always had slumbering under patio covered up and neglected until I could find time to ride. While in Military I did comute by Bike about 60 % of the time as we were a one car family until 1975for the last four years of military duty.

Eldon

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Congratulations. Your riding is inspirational to us all. And thanks for sharing your maintenance experiences along the way. You have always had helpful information.

Jim

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
As I sit in my office eating lunch, I am reminded of the mere 22 miles round trip I have to commute. You've made your daily trip an adventure.

Good on ya - and congrats!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
My hat is off to you sir! I hope to live long enough to hit the 100k mark. I am at about 44K now and will hit 50K sometime in June I reckon.

Mike

Bike
2010 RED NT700V
Super accomplishment. I am jealous! You are my hero. (And Phil too, of course. He'll be the first to 100,000 posts on this forum!)

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
He'll be the first to 100,000 posts on this forum
Good grief! I hope not! I expect to die before then. It's taken me five years to reach 10,000. I really don't want to live another 50 years!

Thinking of how excited you must have been to see the 100,000 register made me think of how excited I was to see my first 10,000 show up. Congratulations and keep up the good work! Wendell

Top Bottom