Battery gone-how much and how to?

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Two folks I knew with problems had bikes that would not try to start if the computer sensed low voltage. So, when their Shorai's were cold they were hosed.

Sizing is one of the big issues. For cold weather starts you want at least one size bigger than what I see recommended. The EarthX site is the first I've seen to really do that better. The problem is the price goes up dramatically, ie, you are essentially buying two batteries instead of just one.

Next is battery technology itself. It has advanced in leaps and bounds over the last few years and cold weather operation is one area the mfgs have been working hard on. Some of the military applications they include a built in heating unit for that purpose.

I suspect by the time my current battery needs to be replaced the Lithium stuff with be figured out....and cheaper :)

Guitarman

My battery just went out. I got a new battery at Battery Plus with a one year warranty. The battery is a perfect fit. The terminals can be used in either the vertical or horizontal positions, depending which side you put the terminal screws in. the NT uses the top position. Cost $104.75, taxes included. I have used Batteries plus for my last two motorcycles RVs and my cars and trucks. They are nationwide and the warranty is on their computer so you don't need to carry the receipt. Also, I have never had to replace a motorcycle battery of theirs. All have replaced OEM original batteries. The NT is a sealed battery, and is a gel I think. When my 91' GL1500 battery went, it was a battery with caps that needed to be checked. I went with a new gel battery and never had another problem.
Gary

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
My battery just went out. I got a new battery at Battery Plus with a one year warranty. The battery is a perfect fit. The terminals can be used in either the vertical or horizontal positions, depending which side you put the terminal screws in. the NT uses the top position. Cost $104.75, taxes included. I have used Batteries plus for my last two motorcycles RVs and my cars and trucks. They are nationwide and the warranty is on their computer so you don't need to carry the receipt. Also, I have never had to replace a motorcycle battery of theirs. All have replaced OEM original batteries. The NT is a sealed battery, and is a gel I think. When my 91' GL1500 battery went, it was a battery with caps that needed to be checked. I went with a new gel battery and never had another problem.
Gary
The stock NT battery is an AGM battery not gel.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Its $125 for one for the NT and its made in China. I think you are really paying for the charger since China made batteries typically cost under $100

Top Bottom