Votes: 1 4.5%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Bike
Silver NT700V
Will have to see on this one. Getting married next year so that may have an impact. My biggest limiter is the weekend, not the month. Due to job constraints, a trip like this has to be the third or fouth weekend, not the first or second.

Bike
2010 RED NT700V
I voted May, but by that I mean closer to the END of May. Up here in northern IL, it could still be quite unpleasant at the beginning of May. I'm doing my annual ride with my brother (who is from Washington D.D. and currently has a brand new CanAm Spyder) sometime next spring, and the plan is to go to Asheville, so I could be in for a couple days, depending on the actual dates.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Looks like May is coming in first, who has camped near Maryville for the campers. I just did a quick check with Choice Hotels for May 17 weekend. Rooms run as cheap as $45, with in 25 miles of Maryville. many with free breakfast. Priceline was about the same for rooms. Anyone know a place where we could meet for rides near there?

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I haven't voted and I'm retired at the moment. I'd come summer after next but probably not the summer of '14. I'm working again till July and Joanne and I will probably be moving later in the summer.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[How come there are 13 voters here but only 9 in the survey about who's coming?]

It's all done with smoke & mirrors!

From my experience with organizing family reunions, I found that setting a date early is the best ploy and just let people adjust their lives around that date. Giving people too many choices up front, at least in my experience, only led to more confusion and some unhappiness.

There is a store called "Dual Sport Touring Accessories" that is very near Maryville and it might make a good meeting spot? I know the owner but have no financial connection to that business.

ken

Bike
2010 Red NT700
May would be great; can't make later dates because I'm on the west coast the rest of the summer. I hope it works out so I can attend. Ken

Bike
Hotel in Pigeon Forge TN - Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn(TN445)

About 45 per night, has seasonal pool and breakfast.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I voted May as well. Not positive I can attend, but will try if I can. I need to fill in some of those eastern states on my map. :)

Bike
Looks like there is interest, who knows about the area around Maryville? I am sure someone has booked a motel for a group and can give advice on this. I will be glade to help all I can, (I have over a hundred dogs at my home-Rescue so if you need a dog www.petresourcenetwork.org).
NT and people who appreciate bikes like the NT. I think most owners ride them because they are a very good motorcycle and you don't feel the need to impress by a big engine and lots of chrome.
Sure there are many other good bikes too, and hopefully some will join for the weekend in the east. I sure many would like to go to the National Rally but can not due to not enough time. So a small gathering in East of Mississippi.

Bike
I just did some checking with Choice Motel, the Roadway in Pigeon Forge has rooms for $37 with free breakfast if you book early.
Could be a good cheap stay for rides down in the area.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Will keep my eye on this. Sifting through potential bike trips for next year. Another one at the top of the list is Cape Breton, Nova Scotia with some Stromtroppers but that's looking to move to July (and NS is much cooler in July that a lot of this country is). So May might remain open :D And I'f I'm going to ride to TN I'd much rather do it in May than July. Would be nice to meet some more people from these forums and maybe meet up with some others for the ride down (ahem...Bob, Dan, Alex, Karl, Tosh, Barry, etc).

I would most likely camp. I prefer wooded sites to open grass, and if the sites run along a river/brook/water source that's a huge bonus! Access to running water is really all I need and most campgrounds have water spigots throughout the property. If I'm going to be there more than a day or two - showers are good as well!

But I'm pretty easy going and would be fine wherever you guys decide to go.

Top Bottom