FJR got tired.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
It certainly isn't unusual for those trauma injuries to get worse a day or two after the incident. Male ego and human denial are the big reasons. Swelling and pain increase afterward as well. Better to get ti treated by competent medical personnel than just waiting for it to get better. It is already broke - you can't "un-break" it. Proper healing is the priority now. Just follow the election for the next month and that should take your mind off the pain (foot pain that is).

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Use your influence with the Big Guy too get me healed up faster. Having withdrawals just thinking about not being able to ride for 6 to 8 weeks.
I'll use all the influence I can! Or maybe I should say, "All I've got!"

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
It certainly isn't unusual for those trauma injuries to get worse a day or two after the incident. Male ego and human denial are the big reasons. Swelling and pain increase afterward as well. Better to get ti treated by competent medical personnel than just waiting for it to get better. It is already broke - you can't "un-break" it. Proper healing is the priority now. Just follow the election for the next month and that should take your mind off the pain (foot pain that is).
It has already given me a big headache don't even watch any political stuff

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
BTW, YOUR FJR called up MY FJR and said its feeling were hurt that you would say, "FJR 1, Chuck 0"

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Looks like it needs 20 more HP and an extra gear.
Heal well.

Brad

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Sorry about your new "trike". :( Weather is crappy anyhow. :rolleyes:
Let it heal, not too many months until Spring!

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Results of the MRI were neg. No soft tissue damage that would need surgery. So another week in the splint cast and then a Boot to support the angle / leg. For how long???? Have another appt in a week with more X-rays pics to be taken.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
A Public service Announcement for those of you with The Canyon Cage Pannier Guards on your FJR. Today was the first time I was able to get out in the garage and check out the FJR for any hidden damage from my oops fall down, three and a half weeks ago. As I have posted, I broke / cracked my right Fibula bone on my leg, and twisted my ankle and seriously bruised my right foot. I am now in a walking boot for the next 4 weeks, then more X-Ray. But what I want to discuses is what I found on the bike. I had thought that the canyon cages did there job and there was no damage to the faring or the right pannier. I was correct in that assumption. However I found that the right pannier lid would just barley scrape on the rear guard. I found that the guard mounting flanges were bent. As I was inspecting the bike I also found boot scuff marks on the right exhaust can and exhaust pipe. Looking at my boot, I also had burn / scuff marks on my riding boot. No scuff marks on the rear pannier guard. So how does the guard get bent and boot scuff marks on the exhaust and a broken leg. My hypostasis is that my rights leg / ankle got caught between the exhaust and the right pannier guard. Foot under the exhaust can and leg under the pannier guard, twisting the ankle and putting all the weight of the bike on the Fibula bone. The guards are the Canyon Cage Pannier Guards. They work great if your leg is not caught under them. I have removed mine and don't think I will reinstall them. Here are some pictures of the exhaust and boot.

Image may contain: motorcycle
Image may contain: people sitting, car, motorcycle and outdoor
Image may contain: motorcycle and car
Image may contain: 1 person, car
Image may contain: shoes and boots

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
It looks like they did a good job protecting the bike and catching you. :unsure: I wouldn't reinstall them either as I'd rather buy new tupperware than be trapped and injured. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom