Gas prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
At the beginning of this week our local prices were around $3.40 per gal. I had to fill my Accord for some long drives this weekend and today the price was $3.99...ouch! It may go higher by the weekend so I filled up today.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Jim, We are up to $5 a gal. for 87 Octane . We can only get non-ethanol gas in 93 Octane and that is over $6. a gal.

Bike
2010 NT700V
I just got back from a ride out to Cali... $6.89 comes to mind as being one of the higher prices I saw for 87.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
$3.09 a gallon for 87 Regular here in Georgia.:) Our Governor suspended the State Gas Tax awhile back so that is $.30 a gallon off to get to that low price. By using Rewards Points on my Shell card I filled up my F-150 for $2.04 a gallon. :D

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
California has you other states beat.

Over this past weekend, driving up north, I paid the following prices for Regular Unleaded (87 Octane).

• $5.849/gal
  • $6.109/gal
  • $5.959/gal

Bike
2010 NT700V
Everything has an upside. The last time gas went up, the roads cleared a bit. Looking forward to it again.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
OPEC has cut production and some refineries are down for maintenance....my gov is raising the state tax another 46 cents a gallon jan 1st. Cheer up. The last gas crisis, we got the Pinto and Vega.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
$3.09 a gallon for 87 Regular here in Georgia.:) Our Governor suspended the State Gas Tax awhile back so that is $.30 a gallon off to get to that low price. By using Rewards Points on my Shell card I filled up my F-150 for $2.04 a gallon. :D
Wow! The last fill of my F150 was $129.**
But then my “miles to empty” read almost over 800 miles.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Wow! The last fill of my F150 was $129.** But then my “miles to empty” read almost over 800 miles.
You've got me beat.:( My "Miles To Empty" was only 755 miles after that last fill up. :) If I could totally avoid Interstate driving I'm sure I could bring it up a bit.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I do find all the network news talk about US gas prices interesting and very odd......but its mostly political noise
I basically dont care personally. I am gonna go and buy premium ethanol free fuel whether it costs $4 or $8 a gallon.

But the politics and "people" effect does interest me.
First, you have to remember there is something called inflation and you cant put a price on a gallon of US gas without telling the Year of that dollar amount. Now, with high inflation, the month also.

Taxes. The Federal gas tax hasnt changed in 1993 and not adjusted for inflation

1666068743192.png

My Gov is gonna increase our state tax 46 cents a gallon on Jan 1st. If you want to be rich, put your money into gas container stock or Idaho gas stations.

People will drive 3 miles to save a nickel a gallon and not give a crap about the energy content, or additive packages, amount or quality of same. People have no idea how to check their spare tire pressure or engine oil, either.

But they know how to use GasBuddy. What the blazes?

Mellow wont let me go into the politics going on now around the world effecting oil prices . And its not really necessary. And you know it already.

Gas in the US has always been dirt cheap. And its dirt cheep now.

Personally, I think there is no right to cheep fuel....or electricity or natural gas for that matter.
There is a social cost to gasoline which Americans dont care about. You have to build and maintain roads and police dept traffic units and highway depts of transportation. You need to take care of all the dead and wounded on the roads and arrest, try and convict and incarcerate violators. You have environmental costs using fuel. Anyone remember tetra ethyl lead? Anyone remember when we didnt have 20,000 bridges that needed repair?

Americans are spoiled rotten. And they dont care about the environment, proping up our enemies and being controled by them. Or rebuilding bridges.
All they care about is gas buddy. And buying cheep "Stuff" and putting it into storage sheds.

We cant control other countries that are burning coal like there is no tomorrow to power electric vehicles and to make cheep stuff.
We CAN control our price of gas and fossil fuel and our own poplulation numbers and vehicle numbers so that no one can put our country at risk by changing THEIR oil production. No one NEEDS a 24 mpg pickup truck or a 5,000 square ft home. Or a Gallons to the mile boat or a huge RV. Or a $200 plane ticket. I think those people who want those things should be allowed to purchase them and pay high taxes on fossil fuels they need for them. Same rate as we all should.

If Europe makes it through the coming winter without freezing in the dark, it will be because of the fact that they have high energy costs and taxes and they dont have many 24 mph pickups and 5,000 sq ft houses and gallons to the mile boats. And they tax those who choose to have them. Good for them. Americans suck.

Anyone here remember gas rationing in1943 to save our country from the forces of evil in Europe? Too bad.

Bike
2010 NT700V
Well done, Chris. You can tell it's good because the snowflakes won't like it. They want 39.9 cent gasoline and $20 a month electric bills. Those days are gone. Pay the price or go live in a tent.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Well done, Chris. You can tell it's good because the snowflakes won't like it. They want 39.9 cent gasoline and $20 a month electric bills. Those days are gone. Pay the price or go live in a tent.
Thank you. I am an American. I care about others around me. I want my country to succeed. I get a flu shot and a covid shot for myself but also to help others. I wear a mask too. I love Dwight D. Eisenhower . He taxed the rich ...those who earned over 2 million dollars a year in 2020 dollars....70-90 percent depending on how they made their money.....take that football/basketball/baseball players....rap "artists" and Oprah ...and movie stars.....dont matter what party you are affiliated with...your race or sex or preference....hand in your ill gotten money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom