Gas prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
With California banning new Nat gas applicances, it seems very odd to me that serious developement of the next gen nuclear power station isnt getting more hype..
I wouldn't hold my breath on nuclear power making a comeback. I worked in them my adult life and I think they are a good option for generating electricity but the US isn't really on board with them and not good politically.
All forms of power have plusses and minuses. Coal, nat gas, nukes, we just need to weigh the advantages and disadvantages and balance it out. No matter what we make power with we must be careful.

The other option is turn out the lights. I'm not ready for that. I like electric lights, heat, and air conditioning. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age.

Arknt

Bike
2010 NT700V
Remember all the businesses begging us to support them in the COVID crisis?
What are the doing now? Jacking up prices. Adding 20% or more "gratuity" for lousy service and smaller portions. Thank you, neighbor.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
On Monday, I went for a ride with one of my Weekday Rider pals and passing through a small burg, I noticed the gas price at a local station was $3.26 which I thought was just a weird one-off drop at one station. Yesterday, while running errands I saw $3.19 per gallon at 3 stations closest to my home. One station is a Shell, one a Marathon (or Speedway?), and the last a Casey's.

I wonder if it'll break into the 2s? :)

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
On Monday, I went for a ride with one of my Weekday Rider pals and passing through a small burg, I noticed the gas price at a local station was $3.26 which I thought was just a weird one-off drop at one station. Yesterday, while running errands I saw $3.19 per gallon at 3 stations closest to my home. One station is a Shell, one a Marathon (or Speedway?), and the last a Casey's.

I wonder if it'll break into the 2s? :)
Don't think so Tosh, I have a hunch it's the calm before the storm. When the Northeast weighs in with their demand for heating oil and the truckers compete with them for diesel, the price of the gasoline fraction just has to go up otherwise the refineries have zero incentive to refine gasoline. Depleting the nations petroleum reserve for political reasons was one of the dumbest things we could have possible done IMHO. It just pushed the pain past the election where things now will only be worse. I hope I'm wrong.

Mi;e

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Worse over here:

and they intend to raise that CO² tax progressively every year...
Germany and Austria have really got themselves in a bind with the Energy issue. Pushing the green energy issue to fast before proper development and of course relying on Russian fossil fuels to much. I don't say this in a negative connotation, as I as I love my birth country and the country I grew up in. Just stating facts as I understand them. ST1100Y / Martin, please give us some insight from your prospective.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 NT700V
Don't think so Tosh, I have a hunch it's the calm before the storm. When the Northeast weighs in with their demand for heating oil and the truckers compete with them for diesel, the price of the gasoline fraction just has to go up otherwise the refineries have zero incentive to refine gasoline. Depleting the nations petroleum reserve for political reasons was one of the dumbest things we could have possible done IMHO. It just pushed the pain past the election where things now will only be worse. I hope I'm wrong.

Mi;e
If Biden hadn't "raided" the reserves, his political enemies would be screaming about him not caring for the "average man". If
Trumpty Dumpty wins in 2024 and does the same thing, he will be hailed as a demi-god by the same people who are saying Biden is destroying the country.
It never ends, and it will never end.
I'm getting to where I don't give a damn anymore.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
If Biden hadn't "raided" the reserves, his political enemies would be screaming about him not caring for the "average man". If
Trumpty Dumpty wins in 2024 and does the same thing, he will be hailed as a demi-god by the same people who are saying Biden is destroying the country.
It never ends, and it will never end.
I'm getting to where I don't give a damn anymore.
Does not matter who is in Office in 2024, They won't be able to raid the Oil reserves anyway because it is empty now. Don't think it will be filled back up by then with today's oil prices. Point is, It does not matter who it is and for what reason, the Reserves should have never been used for the reason that it was. There were other ways to help the American consumer with high oil prices.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
$2.89 at Murphy's in Greeley; $2.56 at Texaco in Longmont.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
$2.739 just down the street. But in January the price goes up $.31 a gallon when the state tax is restored. Watch for a gas shortage the last week of December in Georgia. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom