Gas prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I could be wrong, but methinks the Coyote has a burr under his saddle!
:rofl1:
Mike
Its like you KNOW me! LOL! I am pissed....mostly cause felons with guns go free and commit more heneous crimes in this country and no one wants to deal with people who import Fentynal. And those people in California try and run me off the road in their SUVs....just ask Frosty

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
You will not get an agreement from me on the subject.
In the US, before the current civil war started, one can disagree with another person but still respect them...I like that.....I am an independant with many far right beliefs and many far left beliefs and I have friends on each side....I wish many more Americans would think like that.....

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Kind of weird....Ruriko found premium for a dollar a liter on a recent tour....8 days ago...
a ruriko gas 2.jpg

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
On Tuesday, local prices for unleaded regular (gasohol) dropped to $3.59! ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
It was close to $4 per gallon only a week ago so I expect the ups/downs will continue!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
It was close to $4 per gallon only a week ago so I expect the ups/downs will continue!
Once an item is made a commodity and can be bought and sold on the futures market, all bets are off as to what gas will do. Remember when the Hunt brothers tried to corner the market on silver? Also, data can get fuzzy. Here are two charts ....are they adjusted for inflation? They are different time periods and one is logmarithic.....Now, everyone here take a guess at what oil will be in six months....
a chart one.jpga chart 4.jpg

Now! Here is a real chart. Oil prices adjusted for inflation........
The only thing that is unclear is what year is the base year? Looks like
March 2022 dollars
oil prices inflation.jpg

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
They're earning billions due speculations and by spreading panic as marketing measure...

The residential block my flat is located in, is hooked on the city's district-heating... hence a monopolist... fueled by incineration of city waste...
Till this year I paid like € 95,-/2 months for hot water and heating... now I'm charged € 205,-/2 months... (6 times/year...)
The argument is that the recycling of our household garbage has grown "too efficient", hence the delivered waste won't burn, hence they have to fuel with natural gas (otherwise the emmission filters won't work), and due the situation with Russia & Ukraine... etc...

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
They're earning billions due speculations and by spreading panic as marketing measure...

The residential block my flat is located in, is hooked on the city's district-heating... hence a monopolist... fueled by incineration of city waste...
Till this year I paid like € 95,-/2 months for hot water and heating... now I'm charged € 205,-/2 months... (6 times/year...)
The argument is that the recycling of our household garbage has grown "too efficient", hence the delivered waste won't burn, hence they have to fuel with natural gas (otherwise the emmission filters won't work), and due the situation with Russia & Ukraine... etc...
Wow....that is quite a story! Ouch.
In Spokane, we have hydroelectric power and are 100 percent electric in our Country home on 15 acres with a "heatalator" which looks like a double glass door fire place that look onto the living room and dining room. For backup. But its really a steel box and a fan blows cold floor air over it and out upper vents.... and to make the long winter evenings warmer and brighter.
It will heat the whole house.
Spokane is big on recycling and I dont even need garbage pickup. I recycle, I compost, and what little is left goes into a small bag and is dropped off at Walmart, etc. The non recycled waste is fed into a state of the art waste to energy plant and makes Electricity.

You are correct, There are lots of people making lots of money using all sorts of ways to manipulate the markets......and that includes the stock markets of the world.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
You are correct, There are lots of people making lots of money using all sorts of ways to manipulate the markets......and that includes the stock markets of the world.
My GF get's hit as well...
5 year old residential house, latest tech condensing gas boiler, previous NG bill € 540,-/year, now € 1400,-/year...

Seems we'll have to cancel our springtime motorcycle vacation from now on... :oops:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
My GF get's hit as well...
5 year old residential house, latest tech condensing gas boiler, previous NG bill € 540,-/year, now € 1400,-/year...

Seems we'll have to cancel our springtime motorcycle vacation from now on... :oops:
Is your spike in your natural gas prices due to Putin's adventure in the Ukraine? When the whole Gazprom/Nordstream monopoly was be ing put together I began to have a bad feeling about all the Euro countries surrendering the reliance on Natgas to the Russians. Prior to that after the Nuclear/Tsunami disaster in Japan, Germany at the behest of Angela Merkel decided to abandon their perfectly functional reactors to wishful thinking. I think between the US and the West European countries with the assistance of African and Saudi resources, something can be cobbled together to keep you and your compatriots from a long cold winter. Lower prices however are probably now a few years away. The lesson to be learned however is to be very leery of becoming overly reliant on critical resources from unreliable nations.

Mike

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Is your spike in your natural gas prices due to Putin's adventure in the Ukraine? When the whole Gazprom/Nordstream monopoly was be ing put together I began to have a bad feeling about all the Euro countries surrendering the reliance on Natgas to the Russians. Prior to that after the Nuclear/Tsunami disaster in Japan, Germany at the behest of Angela Merkel decided to abandon their perfectly functional reactors to wishful thinking. I think between the US and the West European countries with the assistance of African and Saudi resources, something can be cobbled together to keep you and your compatriots from a long cold winter. Lower prices however are probably now a few years away. The lesson to be learned however is to be very leery of becoming overly reliant on critical resources from unreliable nations.

Mike
ITA. The big lesson for me was when WE were dependent on the Russians for rocket engines.....
Right now, the Saudis are waffeling on which side they want to be on, but the lessons you pointed out are clear. Thats why big chip factories are being built in the US now....
With California banning new Nat gas applicances, it seems very odd to me that serious developement of the next gen nuclear power station isnt getting more hype.......Solar is nice if the sun shines...wind is nice if it werent for all those pesky broken blades that have to be burried....
MSR reactors can even eat up old nuclear waste....

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Is your spike in your natural gas prices due to Putin's adventure in the Ukraine?
Just everything is a welcome excuse...
First the covid lock-down encouraged profiteering, now we're told that our forest and agricultural nation runs low on lumber, grain, dairy products, eggs, meat, pork... everything...
And since high price levels guarantee high tax revenues the gov stays completely passive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom