Help!

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
:rolleyes:Finally!! Interstate Honda called me this morning and the regulator/rectifier had come in Friday and they had the bike finished. Joanne and I had plans for the afternoon, so I didn't get up there till just before dark. A new battery, a TruGel, a new regulator/rectifier, a few burned connectors in the wiring harness, and all is well with my NT.

After riding it home, I realize that I've been having electrical issues for at least the last year. My battery had run down twice during a week or two of no riding when I was down in Rocky Ford. Plus, now I remember thinking that I had been able to run my jacket at full heat and my heated handgrips on high with the driving lights on, as long as I wasn't using my high beams. Last winter, I was having to turn the handgrips down to about the middle of their heat range if I had the jacket on more than half-way.

After the mechanic cleaned up my wiring job by connecting everything to the Fuzeblock I had my jacket on about 2/3, grips on high, driving lights on, and whether I was using high or low beams, I was charging the battery all the way home.

Interestingly enough, the money I spent today was within about $5 of what I spent at Lowes the other day when we bought a new range/oven. At least Joanne can't complain too much. :rolleyes:

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Glad it is fixed.

My voltmeter is my most important gauge on the bike. Signals impending doom or at least lets me know that I need to 'manage' my electrical stuff.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
My voltmeter had died about a year ago. I'll get the new one and my tire pressure monitor mounted.

Top Bottom