Nc700x

jackgermain

Saw the new NC 700 today at a local Honda dealership. Sat on it and it felt light. However I will say that those that buy the new NC 700 are going to get what they pay for, as usual. The NT 700 is just so much more motorcycle and worth the 3K extra, just my opinion. The NC 700 will never be the mile muncher the NT 700 is, never protect the rider as well, will not be as smooth a ride, and just is a completely different motorcycle. The NC 700 is a great motorcycle and really can not be compared to the NT 700.

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
Re: Nc 700

I see the NC700 as a worthy commuter bike. There are a number of folks around here that only ride bikes in good weather and for purposes of getting to work and back.

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Re: Nc 700

Saw the new NC 700 today at a local Honda dealership. Sat on it and it felt light. However I will say that those that buy the new NC 700 are going to get what they pay for, as usual. The NT 700 is just so much more motorcycle and worth the 3K extra, just my opinion. The NC 700 will never be the mile muncher the NT 700 is, never protect the rider as well, will not be as smooth a ride, and just is a completely different motorcycle. The NC 700 is a great motorcycle and really can not be compared to the NT 700.
I sat on one at my local dealer here in Australia about a month ago. Interestingly I came to the same conclusions you did and I do not think I would ever own one

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Check out fuelly.com and compare what real people are reporting for the NT700 vs. NC700 mpg. It's about a 10mpg difference. The good mpg and other features already mentioned make it an interesting ride. Next year used Nancy 700's will show up for 60-70% of a new price and ..... I'd be open to looking at one.

It's not a NT replacement though.

elizilla

I've been having so much fun driving around on the Ural sidecar bike, that I'm now thinking about putting a sidecar on a more modern machine. Lately I am wondering if maybe that would be a good use for an NC700X. They're inexpensive, and even though you lose gas mileage with a sidecar, it would probably still get in the 50s. Seems like the smooth power curve would mesh well. I haven't seen one in person but from the picture it looks like it has a frame with attachment points. (The NT doesn't, and neither does the Super10.)

Too bad about the chain. :(

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I really like the NC700X but not to the point I would trade in my NT for it and having two bikes that are so similar would not make much sense. I also like the better wind management from the NT and the shaft drive but the NC is 100 lbs lighter and has better suspension and gets better gas milage.

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
I found out this morning when I went to fire up my Rebel for my ride into work that the spouse bought an NC last night. I took it for a ride this afternoon, wow!
Pretty impressive.

Faux tank storage holds my Shuberth C3 modular. <-- THAT is handy. Dash is well laid out & easy to read. Has a tach across the top.

Starts just like a Honda should. And the comment that Gandalf posted from the ST board is spot on. There is NO vibration on this thing. Not even when you rev it up. Rear view mirrors don't even shake a bit.

Seat height is a bit taller, but not that big a deal. I can still get both sets of toes on the ground. Took it out for a short run. Shifts as smooth as it runs. I wish the NT was like this. Accelerates nicely. No hesitation, nothing. Add throttle, it goes.

I got it up to 70 on the highway, but due to traffic, I had to slow to 60. Still in 6th, going up a slight hill, I rolled on the throttle to pass a couple cars. This thing is a 700?????? I thought for a minute that I was on our 1100cc Guzzi sport bike. i wonder what it would have done had I downshifted to 5th.

70mph, I was riding in a 20 mph crosswind. Bike was rock solid. NT gets a little squirrley when its breezy out. No buffeting from the little fly screen. Off the highway I headed for some of the backroads. Bit of twisties and hills. Corners so nicely at speed. No effort at all. Slow speed handling reminds me of the Rebel. turns on a dime and doesn't feel as top heavy as it looks.

No idea what its like off road. Tires look to be road only.

My only dislike so far is the fuel filler placement, which is under the pillion. Not really that big a deal, but since this one will probably accompany the NT on trips, having a tailbag might be an issue.

Faux tank storage empty:

With C3:

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Looks plumb good, Dee! Are you going to keep the Rebel?

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Now you get to start farkling all over again...:D And Honda even kindly included a bit more of the European accessories for the North American market... I am surprised a parallel twin wouldn't vibrate, but then I am thinking old school Brit bikes, not a new counter balanced cut down car motor...

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
It also has a 270 degree motor which helps lower vibration. 270 dregree motors simulate the firing of an L twin which gives very good primary balance.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
It also has a 270 degree motor which helps lower vibration. 270 dregree motors simulate the firing of an L twin which gives very good primary balance.
The Tenere is a 290 degree parallel twin and it will vibrate. However, I'm coming from an ST1300 that is so smooth you don't know it's on.. LOL

Looks like Honda hit one out of the ballpark w/this bike.. I'd love to have one. I agree the seat/filler is strange but I'm sure someone will make a replacement seat or some contraption that will allow fill-ups without having to lift the passenger seat.

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
Now you get to start farkling all over again...:D And Honda even kindly included a bit more of the European accessories for the North American market... I am surprised a parallel twin wouldn't vibrate, but then I am thinking old school Brit bikes, not a new counter balanced cut down car motor...
I've been looking for stuff. :)

Center stand, rear luggage rack, panniers. Seems that HB has a set or racks and bags, but I'm hopeful that the 30l bags that we already have will fit. Rather use what I have instead of having to spend an additional 600$ for the bags.

Bike
Bonneville T120
Okay so I looked at an NC700 this morning when I went out to my local dealer for another reason. A bit high than the NT. I don't see this as a touring bike. My NT is great for the touring I do. I see it for around town and as a commuter. I have a bike for that, my Bonneville. The NC would be a big step down in power and torque.

Not my cup of tea but I think others will like it.

Madmax

Thanks for posting the pictures. It has saved me a trip to the dealer. I'm wanting more of a duel sport. I'll go back to looking at V-Stroms...

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Thanks for posting the pictures. It has saved me a trip to the dealer. I'm wanting more of a duel sport. I'll go back to looking at V-Stroms...
Just for reference, if you go to google and hit the "images" tab and then type in what ever it is you want to see pic of, they are there by the thousands...
My view is except for the filler cap placement, the NC could be morphed into a very nice midsized tourer, in much the same way a WeeStrom can be.
Honda may even take up this idea. If this engine is really a half of a Honda Fit engine and uses i-VTEC technology, that would explain the increase in fuel economy...and easy
screw ajusters. I am not selling my Connie or my NT...but if I were looking to add a WeeStrom, I would have to ride an NC first....just to say I did.

Madmax

I want a street legal dirt bike, that can also do the super slab if ask to. I don't even consider my NT a long distance tourer. I have an Electra Glide and BMW RT for the long trips...

Top Bottom