New NT1100 to be announced on Oct 21

Larry, I agree -- all the other reports about DCT have been pretty positive about it.

I am not sure about the "harsh" part.

I have an NC700 DCT with just over 40K miles.
I agree that the sport mode shifts with alacrity if I make liberal use of the throttle.
The "standard" mode seems OK to me.
The sport mode does provide a higher level of engine braking in stop-and-go traffic.
But at 71 years old, I rarely use the sport mode anyway.

I have driven an Africa Twin with the DCT and agree that the word "harsh" is my opinion too.
I believed at the time that the stronger 1100 CC engine was responsible for that.
But I do not know for sure.
That size bike is too much for me to consider.

I no longer commute on a regular basis, but I do lots of gravel roads here in rural Idaho.
The DCT may give up some level of driver-control, but the ease of operation become important now that I am getting older.
I really like then DCT overall and often wish the NT had the same transmission.

I've ridden various Honda bikes with DCT, including AfricaTwin and Goldwing, and it's always a positive experience. As for personal ownership, maybe later in the future. If I were retired, and routinely riding across the continent like Phil Tarman :)

The most interesting thing about them are the various modes, especially the economy mode on Goldwing, which is just plain odd. But when paired with adjustable throttle and suspension modes, it's just an extra item on electronic adjustability checklist. A nice to have feature overall

Back
Top Bottom