New NT1100 to be announced on Oct 21

That weird ad/video won't help North American sales. Chauncey Chumlee, III and his concert violinist girlfriend head out for a series of impromptu interpretive performances. 🤮 They did the same thing with the PC800.

Well, one of you cheapskates needs to step up to the plate and buy one!! This forum is supposed to be the font of knowledge about all things NT. How are we gonna look when a newbie with an NT1100 comes along and asks a question and nobody knows nuthin'? Hmmmmm?

Mike
You're right, damn it. I'll buy one. Mike, can I borrow about $20k? I'll pay you back, I swear.

Roughly $18k, 523 pounds, and 32.2" seat height. I'm sticking with my NT700V. ;)
I'd rather be comfortable next Summer. So, the Total HVAC Replacement wins this time around.

giphy.gif

I STill think they got the naming wrong, this should read NC1100...
It's their "(new) Africa Twin" with road tires and suspension...

"I disagree... Sport Touring is in your mind, not the hardware...Mellow"

Yes, I agree completely and was talking about the actual hardware, not the mentality of the riders. ;)

Looks like no NT1100 for the U.S. for now which is a shame. Nothing wrong with a comfortable practical machine but I don’t blame Honda for avoiding the U.S. market.

Good news is Suzuki is bringing in their version of a sport tourer which is definitely something I will look at down the road.

23B0DFB1-0FE3-4A16-9B7A-095463181986.jpeg

Reactions: JQL
I hope Honda did a better job on the NT1100 as far as "pulling the rear wheel" area (specifically, pulling out the axle access)...........a PITA on the original NT700.

The Zook looks nice! I like the blue.

Mike

VERY interesting bike.... They say upright seating but sure looks more sport bike ... will be watching the reviews. Really like how they integrated a lot into the electronics so you MIGHT not even need a separate gps system... and the price is more than competitive.

Lots of better info here:

doesn't look like the US will get the Triton Blue, ugh... I like that best:
photos_31.jpg

I think this is a great looking bike. I guess I could live with a chain. But seat height is almost 32" -- don't know if could handle that these days.

Actually read the article and went over the specs on the Honda Europe website. I really like it ! Other than the chain drive. Though I'll keep my NT and juat watch how the 1100 does in the real world. 2022-honda-nt1100-first-look-sport-touring-motorcycle-17.jpg

VERY interesting bike.... They say upright seating but sure looks more sport bike ... will be watching the reviews. Really like how they integrated a lot into the electronics so you MIGHT not even need a separate gps system... and the price is more than competitive.

Lots of better info here:

doesn't look like the US will get the Triton Blue, ugh... I like that best:
photos_31.jpg
Yup! The darker blue looks better to me as well.

Mike

Actually read the article and went over the specs on the Honda Europe website. I really like it !
Until you see the price:

€ 15,490,- base model...
€ 16,690,- with DCT...

IIRC did an NT700VA hit you with around € 9000,-... an ST1100 (a lot motorcycle) came for about € 14,000,-...

And incomes did not double in the past few years either...

Until you see the price:

€ 15,490,- base model...
€ 16,690,- with DCT...

IIRC did an NT700VA hit you with around € 9000,-... an ST1100 (a lot motorcycle) came for about € 14,000,-...

And incomes did not double in the past few years either...
Well, comparing a 700cc to an 1100cc bike isn't really fair. if you compare the ST1100 to the new NT1100 the pricing is more inline with what you would expect.

Compare the NT700 to another 650 ish bike and the prices make more sense.

At least Honda is getting something new out there, maybe it will be a success, maybe not but it at least provides some choices... Here in the U.S. it may be a couple more years before we see this new NT.. if ever.

Well, comparing a 700cc to an 1100cc bike isn't really fair.
I was comparing stance, type of fairing, hence the "class" in which I see the NC1100 closer to the NT700 as to a "full dresser" like the ST, at noticeable higher price though...
IMHO the NC1100 fits rather in the league of Crosstourer or Crossrunner...

Well, the NT700 never really had any true competition because no other manufacturer had something like that... they all went to one side or the other, lighter or heavier, smaller or bigger... so it was a truly unique offering... so hard to really compare it to much.

I'm anxious to see how the review in the UK go... Hopefully, the U.S. will get it as an option instead of at the end of it's lifecycle like the NT700.. I think it would have gotten a much larger following - over here anyway - well, duh of course it would lol.

Well, the NT700 never really had any true competition because no other manufacturer had something like that...
Yeah, from it's character the NT700 has two features common with the ST1100: comfy rider position, precise handling & steering...
Besides this it's quite unique...

My problem though...

... I can't spot much difference between those here:

VFR800 Crossrunner.jpg

VFR1200 Crosstourer.jpg

NC750x-1.jpg

source.jpg

hmm...

Back
Top Bottom