New NT1100 to be announced on Oct 21

Yeah, same goes for cruisers... a lot of them all look the same...

I have people that keep asking me how I like my BMW :rofl1: If I bought a BMW I'd probably have folks asking how I like the Yamaha.

Yeah, from it's character the NT700 has two features common with the ST1100: comfy rider position, precise handling & steering...
Besides this it's quite unique...

My problem though...

... I can't spot much difference between those here:

View attachment 18589

View attachment 18590

View attachment 18591

View attachment 18593

hmm...
I think that the Crossrunner engine V-4 was /is the better of the engines. As I have said many times before when I owned my NT700, wish it had the Crossrunner / VFR800 V-4 motor. They should have also put a V-4 in the new Honda NT1100. (But then the weight and cost would go up)

Last edited:
This was in my inbox today - I am not interested - no lighter and Iā€™ve already added all the same goodies - cruise, etc. Only wish we had self cancelling turn signals. Enjoy.

Yeah, same goes for cruisers... a lot of them all look the same...
I have people that keep asking me how I like my BMW :rofl1: If I bought a BMW I'd probably have folks asking how I like the Yamaha.
Indeed, it fits right into this crowd... or vanishes in it...

bmw-f-900-xr.jpg

The more I look at all the features... the more I like this.. I don't care what it looks like, I care more about what it does and how it performs for me as a tourer. It should have more than adequate power, maybe not hooligan Tracer power, but that's okay by me.

DCT, upgraded electronics that may allow some navigation / phone / bluetooth headset support, up and down quick shifter, light-ish but more like not too heavy... A normal handle bar and usable mirrors.

I'm okay w/parallel twin engine coming off a Tenere but just hope the gearing is better than that. It's not high revving so the gearing is going to be important in the twisties.

I'll be curious what it ends up costing here in the U.S. if it ever comes here and it's range but I can see myself getting one given those factors.

The Suzuki is nice but it will have that hooligan power and it's just more than you need.

If it gets to our side of the pond, I'll take one for a spin and seriously consider it.

I'll be curious what it ends up costing here in the U.S. if it ever comes here and it's range but I can see myself getting one given those factors.
My best guess is about $18,000 USD for the base model and $19,000 USD for the DCT model.

As I understand it, there is a definited lack of product in dealer showrooms so "getting a deal" may not be possible for a while.

Back in '10, when I bought my first NT, Sun Honda asked me what they were competing with. It was Honda of Russellville, AR. They were selling NTs at $9499 (list was $10,999) out the door and would pick you up at the Little Rock Airport. Sun met their price.

Usually, we have some volume dealers in OK, AL, etc that can chop a little off those, never paid MSRP on any of my bikes so hopefully, this new age we're in doesn't crush that roll.
I only bought one brand new motorcycle in my life, my 2013 NC700X, which I still have. I bought it through the Costco Vehicle Buy Program and got a sweet deal. I did not pay anywhere near MSRP or their listed price. Plus I got 20% off accessories through this same program.

Brillot2000 - Interesting about the Costco Vehicle Buy. Did you take delivery of the NC at a local Honda dealer?

Brillot2000 - Interesting about the Costco Vehicle Buy. Did you take delivery of the NC at a local Honda dealer?
Yes, I did. I also got to test ride the bike before taking delivery and pulling the trigger. This dealership never had a good reputation and had some shady practices. To be a Costco dealer they have be straight, honest, and disclose information such their invoice cost. Costco sets the amount over that invoice amount. I got about $2,000 off MSRP. Additionally 20% off all accessories purchased and they delivered the bike to my house for me too.

Normally this dealer screws people out of their hard earned money. I got the opportunity to reverse it back on them.

This dealership went out of business several years ago. The rumor was the owner had numerous lawsuits against him. To get out of paying numerous settlements. He decided to dissolve the company and close shop.

You might know the dealership, North Hollywood Honda. Bill Robertson was the owner and the master of deceit for about 50 years or so.

Last edited:
I will pass for now. Would be interesting to ride.
Any new bike better not have a 40 in seat height and be top heavy.
Gonna keep my VFR, XT and FJR for now.

I will pass for now. Would be interesting to ride.
Any new bike better not have a 40 in seat height and be top heavy.
Gonna keep my VFR, XT and FJR for now.
For me, it boils down to the money. I am thinking this bike will cost $17k-19k.

I just had to replace my entire HVAC system, which cost me $21k. Had to finance it for 5-years, so that would be either a new bike or car payment.

D3582686-1DF1-47BC-9B33-5D96741D8B21.jpeg

3F66C660-AEE5-4C77-B100-D94E043EEDC4.jpeg

I've been following the news and watching reviews. Looks like I have some answers to questions brought up in the thread.

It's made for Afrika Twin riders who don't care about the off-road aspect. Smaller wheels, less suspension, less electronics, less price. It's priced about 10% less than AT across the globe, so will likely cost the same in the US. Estimated base price is $14k. The loaded touring version about $17k. There will be 2 seats, about 2" height difference between them. Lowest option is something like 30.5", I forgot exactly. The engine and transmission is to remain unchanged from AT, so many upgrades will bolt right up.

The bike is a direct upgrade to NT700V, in every way possible. Same weight with twice the power, cruise control, throttle modes, traction control and linked brakes, all standard. Adjusted for inflation, it's even priced the same (in UK at least). The common NT problems are gone, no more integrated cases with bullshit locking system, it has enough gears, power and looks easier to work on. The infotainment system is brilliant and comes with phone integration, so you don't need to mount phones on the dash anymore. It's the same as new Goldwing and Afrika Twin, and it works great.

I'll probably make an account on AT forums soon, because it's where most owners will naturally go. And I plan on buying one in the US, even if Honda doesn't bring it over here. But spoiler alert, they will. Just not right away. Getting a new model to market is a logistical nightmare in the current environment. They just going to focus on the markets with most demand in 2022.

I've been following the news and watching reviews. Looks like I have some answers to questions brought up in the thread.

It's made for Afrika Twin riders who don't care about the off-road aspect. Smaller wheels, less suspension, less electronics, less price. It's priced about 10% less than AT across the globe, so will likely cost the same in the US. Estimated base price is $14k. The loaded touring version about $17k. There will be 2 seats, about 2" height difference between them. Lowest option is something like 30.5", I forgot exactly. The engine and transmission is to remain unchanged from AT, so many upgrades will bolt right up.

The bike is a direct upgrade to NT700V, in every way possible. Same weight with twice the power, cruise control, throttle modes, traction control and linked brakes, all standard. Adjusted for inflation, it's even priced the same (in UK at least). The common NT problems are gone, no more integrated cases with bullshit locking system, it has enough gears, power and looks easier to work on. The infotainment system is brilliant and comes with phone integration, so you don't need to mount phones on the dash anymore. It's the same as new Goldwing and Afrika Twin, and it works great.

I'll probably make an account on AT forums soon, because it's where most owners will naturally go. And I plan on buying one in the US, even if Honda doesn't bring it over here. But spoiler alert, they will. Just not right away. Getting a new model to market is a logistical nightmare in the current environment. They just going to focus on the markets with most demand in 2022.

....everything but a shaft....

Here's a pretty decent review of the NT1100 from the UK (Bennet's Insurance).

That's a pretty thorough review. Thanks for the link, Phil. I am wondering what those who have DCT on their bikes think about the reviewer's comments on the NT1100 DCT system. I've never ridden a DCT bike. Seemed a bit harsh to me.

Back
Top Bottom