Pass Through Uses

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I was just wondering what kind of things have been put into the saddlebag pass-through. I have heard of hoagies & fowers. The only thing I have really used it for was a set of windshield wiper blades for my truck that were too long for the bags.
I think they structurely stiffen the tupperware on the rear end a little since they tie both sides together.

ARKNT

SFeighner

I was just wondering what kind of things have been put into the saddlebag pass-through. I have heard of hoagies & fowers. The only thing I have really used it for was a set of windshield wiper blades for my truck that were too long for the bags.

ARKNT
I have 2 visors for my helmet. One clear. One with a dark tint. I keep the one not currently on my helmet wrapped tightly in the lint free bag that my helmet came in. I can then use the pass-thru to store the visor without worrying about scratches.

maxweljames

Gauntlet gloves when they are not in use. Other than that I have not had much use for it, however I foresee a day when that strange little hole will be a beaming light of saving grace.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have put together a tire repair kit. It consists of a Slime Top Off pump, the Trax extension tool, gummy worms and the associated tool. All fits into the pouch that came with the pump and the whole package fits neatly into the baguette hole.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The tripod for my camera when I am carrying my "big" Sony A700n DSLR.... If not my Chase Harper expandable Tail Bag and compressor fit quite nicely....

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
The French Bread I get at the local bakery is between 52 to 56cm. French Bread and Brie is one of the necessities of life.

OP
OP
ARKNT
Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Thanks for the ideas. I need to find a bread bakery around here.

ARKNT

maxweljames

An 18 inch barreled rifle with folding stock will fit. Haven't carried one there but measured and it's perfect for such a thing.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Now that I have my Bestem Liners, I use the space for my raingear. The Brie and wine go in the liner, and the French Bread is carefully bungeed to my luggage rack. Life is good

silverdevil

on trips I put my Kermit Chair in the pass thru, it is 22" long and you could put about 24" in there.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
if you hadn't mentioned the dreads, i wouldn't have known what you were talking about! :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
my friend with dreadlocks was inspecting my bike and immediately had another use for the pass through that we all laughed about, and I'm pretty sure Honda wasn't thinking of.

I'm trying to think of what that use might be and having no luck. I've had a couple of freinds with dreadlocks and that doesn't help me any. Is it too awful to share on a public forum? If so, why don't you PM me and let me in on the secret.

elizilla

I was going to refrain from assuming that just because someone has dreds, they're carrying contraband in the pass-through.

Besides, if you're going to carry contraband, seems like it could be better hidden than that. Anyone who has installed as many farkles as I have, could find a more hidden location. ;)

Top Bottom