The 2020 NT Gathering - Cairo, WV [CANCELLED]

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I had signed up for the Tour of Honor this year. Right now, they're not awarding any visits because of coronavirus. They are extending the time slot. I've got a Kansas loop, a Nebraska loop, a Wyoming loop, and a Colorado loop mapped out. All four are over 1K miles. I hope I get to do them!

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
One of the national papers has a daily graph that charts covid-19 deaths since this started and yesterday it registered the 4th or 5th highest number so we're obviously not over the hump. As many others have opined, much better to be bored silly at home than pushing daisies! :-(

I've used this last week to redo the top of my '12 long workbench that I built in the mid-90s. It's something I'd wanted to do for a long, long time but I always had other things going. The 3/4" particle board top was looking pretty tatty with lot of scars and craters so it got flipped over and like magic, I have a bright and level surface again! I sealed it with 2 coats of polyurethane as I did on the original side. :)

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
One of the national papers has a daily graph that charts covid-19 deaths since this started and yesterday it registered the 4th or 5th highest number so we're obviously not over the hump. As many others have opined, much better to be bored silly at home than pushing daisies! :-(

I've used this last week to redo the top of my '12 long workbench that I built in the mid-90s. It's something I'd wanted to do for a long, long time but I always had other things going. The 3/4" particle board top was looking pretty tatty with lot of scars and craters so it got flipped over and like magic, I have a bright and level surface again! I sealed it with 2 coats of polyurethane as I did on the original side. :)
Oh, great! Now you and Chuck are gonna be showing off your nice clean workbenches and garages.... You people are disgusting....

😠

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Oh, great! Now you and Chuck are gonna be showing off your nice clean workbenches and garages.... You people are disgusting....
Wow - you sure have a way to win friends Mike. I hope we meet up someday because you're the only one who would appreciate how dirty my motorcycle is.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Our governor extended the stay-at-home order to May 29 so that kills our idea of the NT Gathering in mid-May. And according to WVRider (Duane) their governor is closely following what we do in OH so they could be looking at the same extension of restrictions.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Our governor extended the stay-at-home order to May 29 so that kills our idea of the NT Gathering in mid-May. And according to WVRider (Duane) their governor is closely following what we do in OH so they could be looking at the same extension of restrictions.
Keeping my fingers crossed. So far he hasn't and we are starting our 6 step process to reopen. He has said, if the cases start increasing drastically as we start a gradual reopen it will get shut back down.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
We started reopening here in MO today. They are taking it slowly, step by step. St Louis City and St Louis County have maintained the stay at home order until further notice.

Mike

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Yes, some businesses started opening on Saturday and more today. But still no restaurants or barber shops. If I don't get a haircut soon my DI is going to return from the dead and make me sorry I was ever born!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yes, some businesses started opening on Saturday and more today. But still no restaurants or barber shops. If I don't get a haircut soon my DI is going to return from the dead and make me sorry I was ever born!
I'm visiting my son in Cleveland this weekend and while there I'm getting my summer "high and tight". If yer in the neighborhood, stop by for a USMC reg cut.

😁

Mike

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
States are treating everything like a big city. Yep can be spread anywhere, but why close the UP of Michigan like it is Detroit? It is like many viruses, it will be around for a long time, and only 40-60% is the average the flu vaccine is effective. So do your best to protect yourself for ever, and don't kiss strangers.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Miairhead, the virus is starting to show up at alarming rates here in the rural counties of eastern Colorado. It will get to the UP...the math is pretty conclusive, IMNSHO.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
When the virus reaches rural locations, I'd guess that medical facilities to handle such problems are a long ways off so it could be deadly for those stricken. As Phil said, you can't get away from it. Stay safe!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
From what we're hearing in Colorado, one of the many issues for rural hospitals is that the cancellation of elective surgeries has reduced their revenue stream. Another is the lack of ICU beds, and many rural hospitals don't have any ventilators. It's gonna' get rough!

Oh, and the LA Times is reporting today that there's a mutant Covid virus that's more contagious.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
This is from Doug, who is the OH State Director for MSTA in ref to out-of-state events.

"Crossing State Lines
West Virginia requires out-of-state visitors and returning West Virginians to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Kentucky requires returning Kentuckians to self-quarantine for 14 days. Ohio requires returning Ohioans
to self-quarantine for 14 days unless they regularly work outside the state."

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
In yakking with Duane (WVRider) today via Email, it was jointly decided to cancel the 2020 NT Gathering. At least for now, neither of us can see a safe way to make this happen plus staying at state-owned lodges is still "iffy" to say the least.

Ride safe out there and watch for the 2021 NT Gathering! :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Think about of us on our way to (or about to leave for) Spearfish! Looking forward to WV (or SE Ohio) whenever it happens!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Durn, I was hoping for a fall trip if possible. Oh well, something to look forward to next spring.

Mike

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Mike,

I heard this morning that the MSTA National Rally, STAR, in Cape Giradeau that was originally scheduled for June then moved to Sept has be cancelled because of covid-19 concerns. It was a wise decision and made with everyone's welfare in mind. The average age in the MSTA is around 57-59 so lots of vulnerable folks.

Top Bottom