The 2020 NT Gathering - Cairo, WV [CANCELLED]

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
This is going to be tough there will be March April May and June Events of all kind moved to Aug or Sept?!

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Every RV event we had scheduled this year, except for one in December, has been cancelled. It is going to be tough getting in to a campground once the restrictions are lifted as there is a lot of pent up demand.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
May was out for me already, but later in the year sounds better to me.

Mike

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
i vote WV state park. now I can make it. damn contractors, taking too long, if it wasn't for this virus, I would have missed the May date. thought our new house would have been ALL finished in March

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
For those of you who've made reservations at North Bend SP, please call them and cancel it. There is someone there to answer the phones and work Registration because I called a few days ago to ask about dates downstream. Their number is 304-643-2931

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I just now cancelled my reservations at the lodge.

About 30-min ago it started to SNOW quite heavily and my neighbor's roof across the street is all-white now. Jungle Jim is this your doing? And we had a ride planned tomorrow and would be going north so this is going to kill those plans! :-(

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Jungle Jim is this your doing?
No, I wouldn't do that to anyone - especially you. But if Mike doesn't behave himself he might become a target.
I was going to dig up some tree seedlings from my fence line and give them to my son who wants to plant some trees for windbreak and privacy. But I discovered that the ground has re-frozen where there is no snow. Where there is snow it never thawed last week. It is't spring yet.

You and Duane have put a lot into planning this event and I hope that eventually you will be able to hold it. As the unpredictable future of this virus event unfolds I'm re-thinking all my summer activities. I might have to sit at home and swat mosquitoes. Hey!! That's it! Instead of a mileage log we could have a bug killing contest and post scores right here on this forum. The first liar won't have a chance against the rest of us.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
No, I wouldn't do that to anyone - especially you. But if Mike doesn't behave himself he might become a target.
I read your veiled threat this morning and as I left the house at 0500, what did I see??!! SNOW!! In April!! JJ, cut that excrement out!!

🤬

Mike

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Just so everyone knows, I messaged Kathy at the park on Thursday last week and let her know we had cancelled the Gathering so she has released the rooms. She said at the time there were a couple still needed to cancel however it looks like Mike may have been one. Anyway, I also spoke to her about a date in September and she doesn't know about that until she gets an answer on when the major remodel of the lodge was going to happen, which is supposed to start in September. So our other option Tosh mentioned earlier about Logan Ohio may be our go to. We'll keep you informed. And just to note, I have some great routes already designed from that area as well.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can do something and go somewhere by September!!
Hi Phil, I'm already checking out some of my old map routes that we could use from the Logan area. Did 165 miles yesterday over that way and over 281 miles a week ago which about 1/2 of those were in that area. I'll have some great routes for everyone if we can do this.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've been trading Emails this morning with WVRider (Duane) and he tells me his contact at North Bend SP said the state will remodel the lodge sometime in September but no firm date as yet. My guess is that any thing after Labor Day weekend is fair game.

A few weeks ago I talked to the park about open weekends in June where they had 10+ rooms available and they had only one weekend meeting that criteria. No one knows when the shutdown will be lifted so I didn't go beyond asking.

Our OH Governor is taking the first baby steps to reopen the state next and I'm glad he's doing it in gradual increments so they can pull back if they see a sudden ride in the number of people sick with covid-19. My neighbor tested positive for the virus but so far she said she's not showing any of the symptoms.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I hope it's safe to travel by September and, that if it is, we can find a place for the Eastern Rally in SE Ohio. Howsomever, I'm not particularly optimistic. My guess is that we'll relax precautions too soon and have a massive uptick in cases and deaths this summer.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I'm starting to think the whole year is a wash... but I'd rather take a year-long break than a life-ending one.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I'm starting to think the whole year is a wash... but I'd rather take a year-long break than a life-ending one.
I agree... We just bought a new motor home in December and every event we had scheduled has been cancelled so that was classic bad timing it turns out.:rolleyes: Oh well I can always fire it up in the storage lot and tape pictures of where we were going on the windows.😆

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I'm gonna go somewhere, dammit! Even if I have to stay in MO. I planned a ride years ago that would circumnavigate MO using the roads closest to the borders. It figgered out to about 1300 miles and actually had some pretty nice areas. I may drag that trip out of the archives.

Mike

Top Bottom