The Definitive Sidecar Thread....

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Thanks Alex! I always enjoy learning of other guys obsessions where they fritter away dough. Make me feel better about my bass boat, fishin' gear, Nikon cameras, mountain bike, hand tools, golf clubs, RV and motorcycles. The toughest one to rationalize to momma was the motorcycle though. Even though we all have different passions our obsession with toys appears to be universal.

:thumb:

Mike
Being "happily divorced", I don't have to explain my toys to anyone. I have to sell my fishing boat (Cardiologist does not want me out on the ocean alone), She doesn't know that I ride motorcycles. I still shoot 35mm with a Pentax System. My other passion is my Henry lever action rifle collection.

Warren, That Assenmacher Road Bike is worth some bucks to a collector. Keep it waxed and lubed.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
My other passion is my Henry lever action rifle collection.
I have a few myself. Have you checked out the new side gate Henry? That was the one feature I missed on a large caliber Henry. When I saw a Henry with the side gate in 30-30 I had to get it. I also ended up with a side gate in .410...it looks just like my 30-30.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
This has turned into the "definitive alternate passionate interest thread."

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Actually I think the NT and sidecar work pretty well. I've seen pictures of several of them on the UK Deauville Forum and a couple on Facebooks Deauville page.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Putting a sidecar on the NT would be a super expensive project. I may consider putting a sidecar on my Yamaha XS 650 if I can find a light one--like a JAWA sidecar. I drove a JAWA Californian with a sidecar back many years ago, and it was a nice ride.

In the meantime, I'll continue to ride the NT and the Yamaha--when it is finished, and spend time on the range with my Henrys. I have six--none with the side gate. The 410 is a great Turkey gun.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Thanks Alex! I always enjoy learning of other guys obsessions where they fritter away dough. Make me feel better about my bass boat, fishin' gear, Nikon cameras, mountain bike, hand tools, golf clubs, RV and motorcycles. The toughest one to rationalize to momma was the motorcycle though. Even though we all have different passions our obsession with toys appears to be universal.

:thumb:

Mike
Mike, I can see you prepared well for your retirement 😊

Top Bottom